• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Two translators missing!

Mediafrog+

Walk of Fame Participant
Noticed this evening that K235CS 94.9 and K278CR 103.5 are both off the air. Clearly hearing KRUT at my Cy-Fair location, as well as KCYB for the first time since it got stomped on by the translator (which is supposed to be directional away from the Cypress area.)

Perhaps just temporary transmitter trouble...or is the FCC in town?

Well thanks to that I could listen to 103.3 LA RAZA louder and also 103.5 BOB FM.

The translator on 103.5 should disappear so that BOB FM could be heard here. Sounds way better than the Translator.

Good for Cypress Radio! I have a feeling they're onto the 103.5 crap LOL.

Seeing some weird RF conditions today, maybe that has something to do with it.

Most of the Senior Road stations are barely coming in up here in The Woodlands... KKBQ is the only one I've been able to lock HD on. KVST is being overridden by KMJJ out of Shreveport, Dabang on K258BZ is coming in loud and clear.

Seeing some weird RF conditions today, maybe that has something to do with it.

Most of the Senior Road stations are barely coming in up here in The Woodlands... KKBQ is the only one I've been able to lock HD on. KVST is being overridden by KMJJ out of Shreveport, Dabang on K258BZ is coming in loud and clear.
I noticed that too this morning. All of the downtown translators (with the exception of 105.3...go figure) had issues reaching the Beltway. Both KJXJ and KKYS were coming in like locals in Humble at one point. Senior Rd stations were having issues putting out a clear signal for the most part. It got to the point where K287BQ was clearer than most of them.

Both translators are still off Thursday evening. And with Radio Dabang no longer promoting 105.3 there must be some changes afoot.

Good riddance.

There was a low power FM that successfully got rid of an interfering translator elsewhere and so let’s hope the FCC acts in the same manner here.

K235CS 94.9 is back on. However it appears to be music filler; not hearing the usual Synergy Radio, unless programming has been reduced. Still a simulcast of 1480.

K278CR 103.5 still off.

I havn't been downtown Houston since the translators came up, last week we drove through, I couldn't believe how many are up now. I was picking up r&b on one side of the city at 102.5 then the other side a spanish station? I also was checking out 103.5 and 105.3 but not very strong signals.

I havn't been downtown Houston since the translators came up, last week we drove through, I couldn't believe how many are up now. I was picking up r&b on one side of the city at 102.5 then the other side a spanish station? I also was checking out 103.5 and 105.3 but not very strong signals.

The 102.5 Fm playing R&B is AMAZING a low power FM.

Amazing actually isn't bad. The audio on it was nice last year when I heard it.

94.9 translator for 1480 was very loud today. Covering much of north Houston where usually KTRU covers. They battled all over Little York and 45 I started getting clear signal from KTRU when I reached Tidwell. Once I got to I10 and 45 I started hearing The Translator again.

94.9 translator for 1480 was very loud today. Covering much of north Houston where usually KTRU covers. They battled all over Little York and 45 I started getting clear signal from KTRU when I reached Tidwell. Once I got to I10 and 45 I started hearing The Translator again.
It's been like that since at least Saturday afternoon. It was coming in loud and clear on Forest Oak near Grand Parkway. No stereo or RDS present. Audio quality was bad.

K278CR is still off. This morning I was hearing KLAA in Tioga (Alexandria) Louisiana booming in on 103.5; unusual to receive here.

KCYB’s reprieve from interference was short-lived. K278CR is back on the air with horribly distorted audio. Absolutely unlistenable. Still Sangeet Radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom