• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1980s 98.9 KEZX Looking for song

Queequeg

Hi all,
New to the fourm and looking for a song.
I’ve been looking off and on for the last 30 years with no sucsess.
Anyway it got alot of air time on 98.9 KEZX Seattle back in 1986, I believe it was called “Fashion” by a female vocalist. (Not Maddona)
Its been so long since I’ve heard it, I don't really recall any of the lyrics and google doesn’t seem to be much help.
Thanks, Queequeg

Hi all,
Anyway it got alot of air time on 98.9 KEZX Seattle back in 1986, I believe it was called “Fashion” by a female vocalist. (Not Maddona)
Its been so long since I’ve heard it, I don't really recall any of the lyrics and google doesn’t seem to be much help.
Thanks, Queequeg

I remember "Fiction" by Joni Mitchell (from Dog Eat Dog, 1985) got a lot of KEZX airplay around that time.

No, it wasn’t Joni. I would have know her. Whoever she was it’s been driving me crazy. It took me twenty years to find the song Photograph by REM and Natalie Merchant. Maybe if I could track down one of the ole KEZX DJs?

No, it wasn’t Joni. I would have know her. Whoever she was it’s been driving me crazy. It took me twenty years to find the song Photograph by REM and Natalie Merchant. Maybe if I could track down one of the ole KEZX DJs?

How about some searches on YouTube or lyrics websites (search by title since unknown lyrics)?

Rosie Vela-Magic Smile? 1986 or so....

By the way, about 25% of the tunes on play list at (KAPY) Valley 104.9 Duvall LPFM " Your station for NW Eclectic music", are quality album tracks and hits that played on KEZX in the 80's, and KMTT in the 90's. That, amongst Valley fresh new music, from the Valley Fresh music file, local artists, and other AAA/rock/folk gems. Just like KEZX did it, and KMTT in the 90's.

A bit after 2000, The KMTT corporates in Seattle watered down the quality AAA programming for Seattle, until it was up and killed, grave yard dead a few years later.

We at Valley 104.9 FM, resurrected it for all to hear on 104.9 FM in Duvall, Carnation, Fall City and Redmond Ridge, and valley1049.org everywhere else.

Scott Salvatori

KEXZ Albums

Hi all,
Thanks, Queequeg

Over the years KEZX did compilation albums of some of its favorite local artists. https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-KEZX-Album-Project/release/7267841
Have you looked through all of these?

I have both of them
Hey, instead of just private nightly listening's at the bongwater household, you should consider donating them albums, er even borrowing them out to Valley 104.9, so we can let our 30,000 listeners ear holes hear some select vintage mid 80's KEZX album project songs. Valley Community Broadcasting PO BOX 442 Duvall WA 98019

Hey, instead of just private nightly listening's at the bongwater household, you should consider donating them albums, er even borrowing them out to Valley 104.9, so we can let our 30,000 listeners ear holes hear some select vintage mid 80's KEZX album project songs. Valley Community Broadcasting PO BOX 442 Duvall WA 98019

Hey, maybe you need to give Larry a spiff for using his collectible records...not necessarily cash, if you get my drift...:) :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom