• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1020 ktnq logo's

Thanks David. Quick question off topic from this one. You became PD of KKHJ 930 IN May of 1992? I think you answered this question before but...... asking again to make sure I have this right. What was the formats of KKHJ in the Spanish Years.

Here is my KKHJ Timeline the Spanish years.

April 2, 1990-KKHJ-Regional Mexican, Balads.

________ 1993-KKHJ-Spanish/Grupera (Would you know the date for this one.)

Tuesday November 18, 1997 6AM-KKHJ-Spanish/News "Radio Noticias 930 AM"

Monday January 18, 1999 12mid-KKHJ-Spanish/Ranchera, Banda, Nortena

Is this correct? Got the last 2 from LA Times newspaper articles.

Thanks Tommy C.

Thanks David. Quick question off topic from this one. You became PD of KKHJ 930 IN May of 1992? I think you answered this question before but...... asking again to make sure I have this right. What was the formats of KKHJ in the Spanish Years.

Here is my KKHJ Timeline the Spanish years.

April 2, 1990-KKHJ-Regional Mexican, Balads.

________ 1993-KKHJ-Spanish/Grupera (Would you know the date for this one.)

Tuesday November 18, 1997 6AM-KKHJ-Spanish/News "Radio Noticias 930 AM"

Monday January 18, 1999 12mid-KKHJ-Spanish/Ranchera, Banda, Nortena

Is this correct? Got the last 2 from LA Times newspaper articles.

Thanks Tommy C.

KKHJ was mine to enjoy starting in 2/92. Original format was variety hits, leaning international pop.

By 1993, I changed it to Grupera, with all Bukis, Temerarios, Rehenes, Liberación, Industria del Amor, etc. It was around February of 1993 that the full change occurred under the slogan "La más grupera".

I left in December 1994 to produce the World Chart Show for Tom Rounds but ended up just three weeks later as PD of KTNQ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom