• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDBT HD

I was driving near Dothan today and got a signal lock on WDBT 103.9 HD1 but the tropo was so bad I could never get the HD2. I can't find anything on the net. Anyone know what WDBT might use HD for?

The display actually said WDBT-HD? I haven't heard anything about them upgrading. The company that owns them doesn't seem to have any translators under their name, either. There are two in Dothan listing WARB as the parent, though, so maybe one of them might be spun off at some point. One of them is on 107.7 and has been the subject of complaints by WFXX in Georgiana claiming interference, so it's future is uncertain.

There's no logical reason for a news/talk station to broadcast in HD, so I'm wondering if you might've caught WWL's HD via tropo. Happens here from time to time.

There's no logical reason for a news/talk station to broadcast in HD, so I'm wondering if you might've caught WWL's HD via tropo. Happens here from time to time.

WUCS 97.9 Windsor Locks/Hartford CT is a sports station that uses its HD2 to carry its right-wing-talk sister station WPOP(AM) Hartford. So there's talk and nothing but talk on TWO HD signals!

Until 2012, 97.9 was WPKX Enfield/Springfield, with a country format, and used the HD2 for a canned "Americana" format from Clear Channel's old Format Lab, so maybe this is a case of a station having the HD hardware in place and not wanting to shut it off.

Yeah.... it really is WDBT broadcasting in HD. Never caught any station I'd or break and only portions of miscellaneous songs.
Format of 103.9-HD2 could be variety hits (70's/80's/90's or JackFM) or just stunting.

I sent tomservo everything I had so hopefully his people will know people that have a clue what's going on in the Wiregrass.

It appears Joy FM Alabama, WIZB, has a redundant translator in Dothan at 96.1. It's the only translator in the market I can see being available to simulcast a FM HD2 signal.

I was in the Dothan area this past week. WDBT-HD2 was broadcasting silence this time.

I was also getting a pretty strong signal from WFXX Evergreen, so I asssume the Dothan translator was off the air.

Tropo was strong. So I could be wrong on the translator.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom