• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WIND Jingles

When WIND was Hot AC/Adult CHR/Chicken Rock, in the early 1970s, they played a lot of Oldies on weekends, "WIND Number One Music" was a jingle they played between songs. Does anyone have a link to that jingle? Would that work for MeTV FM? "Me TV FM Number One Music".

G# E E8va C# B C# D# E F# D#
Me T V F M Num ber 1 Mu sic

Last edited:
I don't have the jingle, but I remember the format. There was one weekend where WIND played the Top 100 records of all time. That was an enjoyable format.

By the time I was around 20, I didn't miss the harder rock and unedited AOR tracks that they were playing on Top 40 and FM stations much. Singles edits leave out a lot of what amounts to Outtakes/pseudo improvisation. They tend to be tiresome to listen to, the repetitive parts, after you hear them a few times.

The only over edited one that sticks out in my mind is the one that WLS played of "Nights On Broadway" by the Bee Gees. (I will wait, even if it takes forever.../piano accompaniment) break was left out. Best part of the song.

Last edited:
Amen...very few songs benefitted by having a longer than a four or maybe 5 minute run time. Most of the time it sounded like what you'd find at....uh, "Masters' Fisherman Supply at The River."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom