• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q100 Audio

Sounds like someone turned up the mid range on the equalizer all the way to the top. It’s been teeter-tottering back and forth like this for a few weeks. Today it is all the way up. With the modern age, isn’t this all electronic, and isn’t there a computer memorized correct range in case someone falls asleep on the switchboard and accidentally moves the equalizer button to the wrong place? Like a default button or something?

Only one or two people at any station I have ever worked at has access to these settings. I doubt someone has "accidentally" messed with the settings.

Not sure why they can't get this right. Been going on for months! Even when the HD kicks in on my car radio, there's no improvement. Hard to believe that anyone who works for Q100 gets in their car and says, "yeah, we sound AWESOME!" Doesn't anyone there notice? Maybe I'm an audiophile but it's just one more reason why I'm a true fanboy of Power 961. Their sound is PERFECTLY balanced and the HD signal is amazing. Q's sound just makes my ears bleed. WAY over compressed, way too much midrange. It's almost lke they're being sabotaged. But alas, their ratings keep going up anyway. So, it's literally driving me insane! Lol

Not sure why they can't get this right. Been going on for months! Even when the HD kicks in on my car radio, there's no improvement. Hard to believe that anyone who works for Q100 gets in their car and says, "yeah, we sound AWESOME!" Doesn't anyone there notice? Maybe I'm an audiophile but it's just one more reason why I'm a true fanboy of Power 961. Their sound is PERFECTLY balanced and the HD signal is amazing. Q's sound just makes my ears bleed. WAY over compressed, way too much midrange. It's almost lke they're being sabotaged. But alas, their ratings keep going up anyway. So, it's literally driving me insane! Lol

I'm no audiophile, and I can tell that Q100's processing sounds terrible.

My Decade MS-100S part 15 FM transmitter fed by my CRL Amigo FM analog processor sounds 100 times cleaner, better and enjoyable compared to what is transmitting on 99.7MHz in Atlanta. This signal is living proof the industry doesn't care about it's product. Radio is sound. If it sounds like a cat trapped in a clothes dryer, that's not a good thing.

My Decade MS-100S part 15 FM transmitter fed by my CRL Amigo FM analog processor sounds 100 times cleaner, better and enjoyable compared to what is transmitting on 99.7MHz in Atlanta. This signal is living proof the industry doesn't care about it's product. Radio is sound. If it sounds like a cat trapped in a clothes dryer, that's not a good thing.

I tried to listen today, but after about 5 minutes, I had to change the station. This is unexplicable. Don't the PD and CE listen?

Well, I guess the worse Q100's processing gets, the higher the ratings go.

You’re right, Power has been below Q for the last two months. Rock 100.5 is about to catch up with Power. Wow. Power stays top 20 and Q stays top 40. I’ve also noticed that Power will not even play some top 20 songs if they’re not trending high or quick enough to the top of the chart. This could be hurting them. I still listen to Power more than Q.

You’re right, Power has been below Q for the last two months. Rock 100.5 is about to catch up with Power. Wow. Power stays top 20 and Q stays top 40. I’ve also noticed that Power will not even play some top 20 songs if they’re not trending high or quick enough to the top of the chart. This could be hurting them. I still listen to Power more than Q.

I just wonder if that is not a iheart thing. I notice the same play with alternative stations between Cumulus and Iheart. Iheart sticks with the most popular of the popular in terms of new spins but Cumulus is willing to branch a bit with a less repetitive playlist with the newer stuff. While I'm not the biggest fan of country, my limited knowledge of the format seems to pick up on this trend between Kicks and The Bull with The Bull following the turn and burn on the newest of the new while Kicks gets a bit more adventurous playing stuff I haven't heard in a while and new stuff that The Bull touches a few weeks later.

I just wonder if that is not a iheart thing. I notice the same play with alternative stations between Cumulus and Iheart. Iheart sticks with the most popular of the popular in terms of new spins but Cumulus is willing to branch a bit with a less repetitive playlist with the newer stuff. While I'm not the biggest fan of country, my limited knowledge of the format seems to pick up on this trend between Kicks and The Bull with The Bull following the turn and burn on the newest of the new while Kicks gets a bit more adventurous playing stuff I haven't heard in a while and new stuff that The Bull touches a few weeks later.

It's infuriating. It seems, musically, iHeart and Cumulus have flip-flopped from what they were a few years ago. IMHO.... Power's low ratings are mainly due to their morning show. I've said it before, PK just rubs people the wrong way. Myself included. It's really hard to listen to him. Not a fan of Bert either, tho. Lol At this point, I think Power should just pipe in The Kid Kraddick Morning Show and call it a day! It still does well in a lot of southern markets.

It's infuriating. It seems, musically, iHeart and Cumulus have flip-flopped from what they were a few years ago. IMHO.... Power's low ratings are mainly due to their morning show. I've said it before, PK just rubs people the wrong way. Myself included. It's really hard to listen to him. Not a fan of Bert either, tho. Lol At this point, I think Power should just pipe in The Kid Kraddick Morning Show and call it a day! It still does well in a lot of southern markets.

Agree. I listen to Bailey and Southside in the morning. Then flip back to Power at 10am.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom