I'd check out 93.3 today at 3p - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd check out 93.3 today at 3p

Quote Originally Posted by DOB View Post
    No doubt 93.3 would've went country. Also, seems a few people might want to say "thanks Elvis".
    Then why was iHeart building studios in December for a Country station on 96.5?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    You obviously don't remember how badly KUBE was doing a couple years ago. I remember constantly slamming iHeart for how I thought they ruined what was once a great station. They put out what I thought was a pretty good product with Power, but it didn't work out for them, but they must have been satisfied with the results on 104.9, so they decided to bring it back, while adjusting the playlist on KBKS to incorporate some of Power's more rhythmic elements, which I think was a smart move.
    I don’t remember? Sure, let’s go with that story.

KUBE 93 flamed out because the national guys kept ramming national initiatives down Powers’ throat. Eric Powers was the only live, local show amid a revolving door of shows piped in from other parts of the country, including mornings. Plus, the station kept changing its music philosophy. Powers kept things afloat a few years ago, and Justin Riley had things going in the right direction as of late. Once again, the national guys come in and screw everything up.

Power 93.3 was catching on, 5th 18-34 and not far behind Hot 103.7. And now they change the station to a format that couldn’t be more un-friendly to sales and once again to a single live and local show. Not to mention a PD who is in San Francisco, programming both KUBE and Kiss.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Eric Powers called in sick today at Entercom due to abdominal pain from all the laughing fits that started at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post

KUBE 93 flamed out because the national guys kept ramming national initiatives down Powers’ throat. Eric Powers was the only live, local show amid a revolving door of shows piped in from other parts of the country, including mornings. Plus, the station kept changing its music philosophy. Powers kept things afloat a few years ago, and Justin Riley had things going in the right direction as of late. Once again, the national guys come in and screw everything up.

Power 93.3 was catching on, 5th 18-34 and not far behind Hot 103.7. And now they change the station to a format that couldn’t be more un-friendly to sales and once again to a single live and local show. Not to mention a PD who is in San Francisco, programming both KUBE and Kiss.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Eric Powers called in sick today at Entercom due to abdominal pain from all the laughing fits that started at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.
    Agree on all fronts. They're trying to take advantage of a solid rhythmic music cycle which I'm sure pushed a lot of this decision. problem is, music cycles are just that...they don't last forever. All they're going to do is confuse listeners even more than they already have been with the multitude of changes in the past 6 months. 18 months from now iHeart corporate will be having the same conversation about "what to do about 93.3 in Seattle."

The other thing is, the listeners are probably gone. If they have social media, they have other, safer places to go that won't disappear with the next downturn.
    I do not have ducks.
    I do not have a row.
    I have squirrels and they're at a rave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    The other thing is, the listeners are probably gone. If they have social media, they have other, safer places to go that won't disappear with the next downturn.
    Maybe. Or they may disappear the next time the Copyright Royalty Board raises the rates.

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post

That's interesting, I wasn't aware that Powere was doing that well, but Kiss, at least 6+ had the bigger audience. Whether that held true in key demos is something I can't comment on since I don't have those numbers. My prediction is that KUBE will hold its own at around a 2.5 share, but being a nitch format iHeart will be fine with that, while Kiss rises to around a 5 share. Why they're only doing one shift live on KUBE is beyond me though. Imo at least, that should never happen in a market this size. Does anyone happen to know what happened to Kat Fisher? If Megan is out, it would be logical to have her back on Kiss in middays.

5th 18-34 and not far behind Hot 103.7.
    5th place in 18-34 can be a good thing if there is not much daylight (in terms of AQH share) between fifth place and, say, the top couple stations. However, in most cases, a 5th place showing for a CHR/Pop station in that demo is nothing to brag about.

My guess is 93.3's ratings will stay about the same and Kiss 106.1 will see some decline as a result of these moves.

Oh dear. I don’t really know what to think except to say I feel hip hop is yesterday’s music. I’ve moved on to a mix of Pop, Electronic and some Deep House. I predict KUBE will be strongest 25-44 and will neglect 12-24. Meanwhile the black audience is leaving the city of Seattle. Just look at the census data.

So we’ll see what happens.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FMSteve View Post
    Oh dear. I don’t really know what to think except to say I feel hip hop is yesterday’s music. I’ve moved on to a mix of Pop, Electronic and some Deep House. I predict KUBE will be strongest 25-44 and will neglect 12-24. Meanwhile the black audience is leaving the city of Seattle. Just look at the census data.
    Radio stations don't program to the city of Seattle, they program to the Seattle Metro Survey Area, which is often called the Seattle-Bellevue-Tacoma metro.

The city of Seattle is less than 20% of the total market population. African American population in the metro has grown, although not at the rate of the Hispanic and Asian groups. But it is about 300,000 people, a rather significant number.

CHR stations generally target women 18-44 or 25-44, and definitely don't target teens as there is no revenue there.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Don't forget Bremerton and Everett, which gets alot of out-of-towners thanks to the Navy. Some people moving into the area (even though temporarily) are probably looking for a station like KUBE. That could have a small bump in the ratings, IMO. They should survey those areas more often.
    DX'er, and former master control operator at KBTC-TV and KCPQ-TV.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast