• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I'd check out 93.3 today at 3p

...and do any of the 'suits' that made that flip LOSE their job? ha ha ha...probably get a promotion. I am still surprised that they have not gone country and cleared the Bobby Bones show....iHeart blew up KBPI in Denver at 106.7 to use that signal to go country....

Promo from the morning show on Power 93.3 says that they have one of 'their own' Dirty Little Secrets coming up at 2:55pm. (That is the name of one of the regular bits on the show)

So, KUBE is back...playin' the same old (c)rap and hip-hop...big deal, but then I'm not in the demo. (I liked KUBE when they played top 40 pop and rock.)

...and do any of the 'suits' that made that flip LOSE their job? ha ha ha...probably get a promotion. I am still surprised that they have not gone country and cleared the Bobby Bones show....iHeart blew up KBPI in Denver at 106.7 to use that signal to go country....

Of course not...its just like politics.

No matter what the suits called it, everyone else never stopped calling 93.3 "KUBE". Ultimately, it was really a pointless move.

These moves are all stupid.

KUBE 93.3 was demoted to 104.9 because the ratings stunk. Why bring it back? Current Urban product is weak right now.

Kiss 106.1 was earning very respectable ratings with Hot AC. Why mess with a product that was successful?

I cannot help but wonder if iFart was intending to flip 93.3 to Country prior to 98.9 making the move.

These moves are all stupid.

KUBE 93.3 was demoted to 104.9 because the ratings stunk. Why bring it back? Current Urban product is weak right now.

Kiss 106.1 was earning very respectable ratings with Hot AC. Why mess with a product that was successful?

I cannot help but wonder if iFart was intending to flip 93.3 to Country prior to 98.9 making the move.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Wow, and this was the first change I had absolutely no clue was coming that I heard live! I was on the bus on my way home, and noticed Power's imaging was gone. Given the strength of Bender and Molley on KBKS, I think they'll do a bit better now that they've started to incorporate some of the more rhythmic elements of Power's playlist. I'm skeptical about how well KUBE will do.

The legend is back to give Hot a run for their $? Speechless!

The person who made KUBE 93 a legend in its rhythmic days is programming Hot 103.7.

KUBE 93.3’s PD is in San Francisco, a midday show also in San Francisco, afternoons tracked from Fort Myers, Florida and nights tracked from L.A.

Their website shows the old night show being the show that’s on right now.

Legendary stuff.

If anybody from iHeart is reading this, you might, in addition to the KUBE night show, want to update the Kiss website, because the midday and afternoon shows y’all fired are still on the schedule.

The person who made KUBE 93 a legend in its rhythmic days is programming Hot 103.7.

KUBE 93.3’s PD is in San Francisco, a midday show also in San Francisco, afternoons tracked from Fort Myers, Florida and nights tracked from L.A.

Their website shows the old night show being the show that’s on right now.

Legendary stuff.

If anybody from iHeart is reading this, you might, in addition to the KUBE night show, want to update the Kiss website, because the midday and afternoon shows y’all fired are still on the schedule.

The brand is always bigger than one person. One person doesn't necessarily "make" the brand. And that same legend also saw the ratings go down like a ho on dollar day under their watch.... so yeah.... As far as the websites I'm sure the digital dept sure appreciates the page views and clicks that will help their uniques to help reach their goals, very kind of you!

Your analogy is weak at best - that would be the equivalent to re-hiring Lou Pinella as M's Manager because the team had it's greatest success under him in the glory days.... Or like re-hiring Laura Dane at Warm as PD because the station had it's best run under her in their glory days.... Check and mate.

The brand is always bigger than one person. One person doesn't necessarily "make" the brand. And that same legend also saw the ratings go down like a ho on dollar day under their watch.... so yeah.... As far as the websites I'm sure the digital dept sure appreciates the page views and clicks that will help their uniques to help reach their goals, very kind of you!

Your analogy is weak at best - that would be the equivalent to re-hiring Lou Pinella as M's Manager because the team had it's greatest success under him in the glory days.... Or like re-hiring Laura Dane at Warm as PD because the station had it's best run under her in their glory days.... Check and mate.

Let me put my point into words you might be able to understand: the same iHeart braintrust that blew up legendary KUBE 93 in the first place managed to make even more f**king stupid moves on multiple levels.

Capisce?

No doubt 93.3 would've went country. Also, seems a few people might want to say "thanks Elvis".

Let me put my point into words you might be able to understand: the same iHeart braintrust that blew up legendary KUBE 93 in the first place managed to make even more f**king stupid moves on multiple levels.

Capisce?

You obviously don't remember how badly KUBE was doing a couple years ago. I remember constantly slamming iHeart for how I thought they ruined what was once a great station. They put out what I thought was a pretty good product with Power, but it didn't work out for them, but they must have been satisfied with the results on 104.9, so they decided to bring it back, while adjusting the playlist on KBKS to incorporate some of Power's more rhythmic elements, which I think was a smart move.

No doubt 93.3 would've went country. Also, seems a few people might want to say "thanks Elvis".

Thanks to All Unspecified Elvis: Presley, Costello, Crespo and Duran.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom