• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMMR 50 years as a rock station

Sunday, WMMR celebrated its 50th birthday as a rock station. The format has outlasted many different owners. I’m glad they had to be sold to Greater Media by CBS all those years ago because CBS would have changed their format like they did to all their other rock stations. Pierre Robert was on the air for 11 hours on Sunday playing one song for every year they’ve been a rock station, all the way back to 1968, one year longer than I’ve been here. It was great radio, live and local.

I’m pretty sure WMMR is the oldest rock station that is still actually a rock station. I can’t think of any rock station that signed on before MMR (there weren’t many) that is still around...

I’m pretty sure WMMR is the oldest rock station that is still actually a rock station. I can’t think of any rock station that signed on before MMR (there weren’t many) that is still around...

There are two rock stations that debuted before WMMR. WEBN in Cincinnati and KSHE in St. Louis. Both debuted in 1967 with WEBN as the longest FM rock station of all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom