WAXQ 104.3 HD3

Thread: WAXQ 104.3 HD3

WAXQ 104.3 HD3

For the last few days WAXQ only shows HD1 and HD2. Did they decide to end their experiment with Alternative Music on HD3?

I would prefer to see them use HD3 for a Deep Tracks station. Do they really need to re-broadcast WOR 710 on HD2?

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    For the last few days WAXQ only shows HD1 and HD2. Did they decide to end their experiment with Alternative Music on HD3?

I would prefer to see them use HD3 for a Deep Tracks station. Do they really need to re-broadcast WOR 710 on HD2?
    because ALT 92.3 duh

I know ... they were stunting but I figured they’d put something else on HD3 other than just shutting down the side channel

I know ... they were stunting but I figured they’d put something else on HD3 other than just shutting down the side channel
    Maybe pulse 87

Doesn’t come through very well in Southeastern Nassau County. We are literally on the fringe of HD FM.

Alternative is back on 104.3 HD3. It is not uncommon for HD radio subchannels to be off the air for a while. But this happened more frequently a few years ago. Apparently the HD radio equipment/software has become more reliable.

Due to the lower power HD is limited. I experience some dropouts on the Nassau/Suffolk border amd once you venture a few miles into Suffolk, it’s all analog. Despite what they say, it definitely does not match the 50 Mile analog coverage area from ESB. I’d give the full power HD stations a max coverage of 35 miles.

How does their Alternative compare to 92.3, is it put together in-house or some National feed. I would hope its more straight up 90's K-Rock type, without all this Rap-Alternative that's floating around. I wish here in Philly somebody would put a Y-100 type format on an HD2 to compete with soccer mom chicken Alternative WRFF.

Do they really need to re-broadcast WOR 710 on HD2?
    Oh yes. You can actually listen to a station without all the AM noise if you have an HD radio. So definitely worth while.
    In fact, think about this -- if HD ever got really popular so all FM radios offered HD, companies could sell off or turn off their AM's.

While AM HD is nice, it tends to fade in and it and during the analog to digital transition it sounds like you are under water. Only WCBS and WINS are in AM HD. No others in NYC. WTIC 1080 Hartford is too weak to trigger HD and so is 1210 from Philly. Do you know of any remaining AM HD stations in our area? Most turned off their HD once they had their FM HD simulcast.