Jan someone...the female host of a classic movie program

Thread: Jan someone...the female host of a classic movie program

Jan someone...the female host of a classic movie program

Iím racking my brain trying to remember the last name of a female radio host who hosted a program about classic movies. I just remember her first name is Jan and she aired on an AM station in LA, and may have been in early 2000ís , but not entirely sure. It was a great radio show and she made me want to watch and re-watch all those old movies.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogmom View Post
    Iím racking my brain trying to remember the last name of a female radio host who hosted a program about classic movies. I just remember her first name is Jan and she aired on an AM station in LA, and may have been in early 2000ís , but not entirely sure. It was a great radio show and she made me want to watch and re-watch all those old movies.

Thanks all!
    Could it be Jan Wahl? She is a Bay Area institution. I don't know if she ever broadcast in the Southland, though. IIRC, in the 70s, she owned a store in Sausalito that carried classic movie posters and other old movie memorabilia. She's a huge fan of the classics. Then somehow, she got into Bay Area radio, then TV for KRON 4 - then an NBC affiliate. She still works for CBS radio in the Bay Area, including, rather surprisingly, the CBS owned Alt rock FM station.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/personality/jan-wahl/

Could it have been airing on the All Show tunes station from Mount Wilson Broadcasters, Jan Simon?