• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

La Calle on KTWL?

Who knows the people at La Calle are probably a bit disorganized.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with what’s going on but the station is sounding very statically and bad audio

I don’t know if this has anything to do with what’s going on but the station is sounding very statically and bad audio
Well, they're not supposed to have great coverage with that translator to begin with. Check out their directional pattern.

I shouldn't be able to hear them in Spring, yet they come in as a local.

I suspect KTWL has been leased. Given the commercial load I would hear, a lease would likely produce more income than could be attributed to KTWL alone.

I made a point of checking La Calle during my evening commute, and the TOH ID was “105.3 KTWL Todd Mission, 880 KJOZ Conroe, and 92.5 FM Conroe Houston.” This was on 92.5.

No way for me to tell what KTWL itself is broadcasting at my Cy-Fair location, as it is completely covered by the Radio Dabang translator. I would have to go out to either Tomball or the Fairfield Outlet Center to get clean reception of KTWL.

Hum FM 106.1 is now (or will soon be) simulcasting on KTWL FM. Roy Henderson was just interviewed on 106.1 talking about the partnership.

Hum FM 106.1 is now (or will soon be) simulcasting on KTWL FM. Roy Henderson was just interviewed on 106.1 talking about the partnership.

That will result in a nice clash of South Asian formats on 105.3 in NW Harris County, unless La Calle is actually on KTWL...?

So, let's review all of this blather. At some point, KTWL began simulcasting Radio Dabang, presumably to settle interference issues with a co-channel translator on 105.3 in Houston. Days later, someone heard a legal ID, indicating KTWL is now simulcasting KJOZ Conroe. Now, there's word KTWL has a deal pending with "Hum FM". Anything else?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom