• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lite FM Coming?

I have no doubt the new 'Lite' domain name belongs to KKGO. I honestly do not believe Go Country itself will flip and go away. I do believe that the Levine's have both spent and saved their money well with the few radio stations they own. And I have no doubt they know a bargin down the radio dial when they see one :)

I have no doubt the new 'Lite' domain name belongs to KKGO. I honestly do not believe Go Country itself will flip and go away. I do believe that the Levine's have both spent and saved their money well with the few radio stations they own. And I have no doubt they know a bargin down the radio dial when they see one :)

What are the domain names exactly?

My guess if this happens: Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters acquires KXOS, flips it to AC and keeps Go Country on 105.1.

KZLA flipped from country to rhythmic AC KMVN over a decade ago. Lite 92.7 operated over a decade ago as well.

I feel so old!

Linked is the domain in question registered by KKGO owner Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters (www.LiteFMLA.com):

https://www.whois.com/whois/litefmla.com

Possibly they are thinking of adding yet another HD channel or changing one of the ones they already have - instead of the main channel?
That is, if they are not acquiring a new signal as radiojomo suggests. Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

Go Country Classics was due to appear on 105.1 HD3 on March 24, 2018.

There is another domain *not* registered to Mount Wilson (could be for something else unrelated or a squatter):

https://www.whois.com/whois/losangeleslite.com

Last edited:
Linked is the domain in question registered by KKGO owner Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters (www.LiteFMLA.com):

https://www.whois.com/whois/litefmla.com

Possibly they are thinking of adding yet another HD channel or changing one of the ones they already have - instead of the main channel?
That is, if they are not acquiring a new signal as radiojomo suggests. Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

Go Country Classics was due to appear on 105.1 HD3 on March 24, 2018.

There is another domain *not* registered to Mount Wilson (could be for something else unrelated or a squatter):

https://www.whois.com/whois/losangeleslite.com

Thanks for sharing this info! Mount Wilson has been a big believer of HD Radio and internet streaming. I remember when they launched Go Country NY a few years back, maybe this can be the same strategy for "Lite FM?"

Start with an internet stream targeted to office workers, simulcast on the internet and then possibly move the format to FM if successful?

Not sure if anyone remembers, but KKGO's "Go Country" format first appeared on AM 1620 before it moved over to FM.

Thanks for sharing this info! Mount Wilson has been a big believer of HD Radio and internet streaming. I remember when they launched Go Country NY a few years back, maybe this can be the same strategy for "Lite FM?"

I agree...the fact that there is no frequency in the URL makes me believe it is an internet station.

Why would they add a specific geographic area for a stream that wasn't a simulcast of an on air signal then?

HD is a maybe. Stream only is very unlikely.

Or....and this is just a shot in the dark.....

Now that Saul has the translator for KSUR (AM 1260), could he be looking to go slightly younger than oldies with a "light rock" format that's promoted as an FM, but also carried on 1260?

RadioJomo - I hope your scenario happens. Lite FM on a full market signal on 96.3 FM would be terrific. A Soft AC variant, similar to what happened in San Diego a couple years ago on 98.1, which flipped to soft easy AC and shot straight to number 1 in 6+. The station there has since morphed younger and hotter.

However, I think the HD scenario is more likely. Mt. Wilson has been testing their newly configured HD4 signal on 105.1 the past couple of weeks. Earlier this week it was retransmitting their main HD1 Go Country programming. Engineers are still tweaking it (it was off-air yesterday - Thursday). I had assumed it would become the new home of UnforgettableLA.com, which has resumed streaming on that website. Unforgettable was on their HD3 until last month. Now, perhaps 105.1 HD4 will become the home of LiteFMLA.com.

RadioJomo - I hope your scenario happens. Lite FM on a full market signal on 96.3 FM would be terrific.

96.3, KXOL, is the #2 or #3 Spanish language station in the market, and is right around 10th overall in 18-49.

And 96.3 is not quite a full market signal, as it is not up on Mt Wilson.

Or....and this is just a shot in the dark.....

Now that Saul has the translator for KSUR (AM 1260), could he be looking to go slightly younger than oldies with a "light rock" format that's promoted as an FM, but also carried on 1260?

The translator has very limited coverage, pretty much limited to part of the San Fernando Valley.

Given its very recent CHR-friendly air talent hires, I'm now quite convinced now that KAMP won't be dropping CHR/Pop anytime soon.

I still think this could be a re-branding of KOST. I definitely hope Go Country 105 isn't flipping. THAT would be an absolute travesty for fans of country music!

If it is Saul

He will probably do testing and use the songs that test highest that KOST and KRTH pass off due to their limited playlist. There are songs out there that test high but KRTH and KOST pass off because they are comfortably in a good position with their 80's playlist.

Country is a very limited advertiser supported format In Los Angeles.

Soft AC would work if done right
Like I said above.
Advertisers would have strong interest
Into a diverse playlist that attracts Hispanics --

I already hear the slogan

This is the all news K-lite 105
Playing today's hits
Yesterday's favorites.

If it is Saul

He will probably do testing and use the songs that test highest that KOST and KRTH pass off due to their limited playlist. There are songs out there that test high but KRTH and KOST pass off because they are comfortably in a good position with their 80's playlist.

Country is a very limited advertiser supported format In Los Angeles.

Soft AC would work if done right
Like I said above.
Advertisers would have strong interest
Into a diverse playlist that attracts Hispanics --

I already hear the slogan

This is the all new K-lite 105
Playing today's hits
Yesterday's favorites.

Memorial day should give them enough time to set up shop with advertisers.

Why would they add a specific geographic area for a stream that wasn't a simulcast of an on air signal then?
It's not unheard of...
Here in Birmingham, we have AAA Birmingham Mountain Radio (bhammountainradio.com). It began as an internet-only station several years ago before it began airing on a local FM translator. The station has always borne the "Birmingham" name from its inception on the internet.

Last edited:
RadioJomo - I hope your scenario happens. Lite FM on a full market signal on 96.3 FM would be terrific. A Soft AC variant, similar to what happened in San Diego a couple years ago on 98.1, which flipped to soft easy AC and shot straight to number 1 in 6+. The station there has since morphed younger and hotter.

However, I think the HD scenario is more likely. Mt. Wilson has been testing their newly configured HD4 signal on 105.1 the past couple of weeks. Earlier this week it was retransmitting their main HD1 Go Country programming. Engineers are still tweaking it (it was off-air yesterday - Thursday). I had assumed it would become the new home of UnforgettableLA.com, which has resumed streaming on that website. Unforgettable was on their HD3 until last month. Now, perhaps 105.1 HD4 will become the home of LiteFMLA.com.

This is just what I was saying several days ago...exactly..
Of note, KKGO 105.1 was testing a 4th HD signal the other day with HD 1 programming. They have also been tweaking their signal somewhat the past few days and flipping the sub-channel content about as often as I change my socks! Right now it's K-SURF on HD 2, KKGO Classics on HD 3 and HD 4 keeps going on and off (noon today it was back off and 'un-tunable').

Glad the info was useful.

It's doubtful. Salem hasn't listed or offered any stations for sale nor made any moves in the direction for LA. If the domain wasn't registered by Mt. Wilson Broad., I might think a rebrand of The Fish but since its Mt. Wilson and clearly stipulates LA (95.9's signal is really only OC), it'll probably be a subchannel of KKGO or maybe country will move to HD2 and Lite will be primary.

It's doubtful. Salem hasn't listed or offered any stations for sale nor made any moves in the direction for LA. If the domain wasn't registered by Mt. Wilson Broad., I might think a rebrand of The Fish but since its Mt. Wilson and clearly stipulates LA (95.9's signal is really only OC), it'll probably be a subchannel of KKGO or maybe country will move to HD2 and Lite will be primary.

Good guess

Makes sense.

So far no format change, we will know in a couple of days weather or not it was a hoax and we wasted a forum page guessing on a switch that never happened.

So far no format change, we will know in a couple of days weather or not it was a hoax and we wasted a forum page guessing on a switch that never happened.

Well, it seems like RadioInsight didn't really have 'insight' after all - just a way to get more subscribers to their pay-feed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom