KFOG - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KFOG

Quote Originally Posted by adradio View Post
    Does anyone have examples of stations that have stayed true to their original purpose and remained successful long after the audience has aged past the targeted demo? I'm aware of WMMR in Philadelphia, KLOS and KROQ (although teetering like KFOG) in LA and also 91X in San Diego. Would those be examples of stations KFOG should have emulated...staying true to what they were, but still being relevant and viable?
    Sure. KIIS-FM in Los Angeles. They're still playing the hits for 18-34 year olds. Have been since 1981. The only things that change are the 18-34 year olds, the hits and the jocks playing them. But the mission is exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by adradio View Post
    Does anyone have examples of stations that have stayed true to their original purpose and remained successful long after the audience has aged past the targeted demo? I'm aware of WMMR in Philadelphia, KLOS and KROQ (although teetering like KFOG) in LA and also 91X in San Diego. Would those be examples of stations KFOG should have emulated...staying true to what they were, but still being relevant and viable?
    It's a fine line to walk. "staying true to what they were, but still being relevant and viable" was what KFOG did for quite some time; they were one of the older-skewing Triple-A's in the country. When Dennis Constantine came in as PD and tweaked the music mix, they were still KFOG-y enuf to please a wide range of folks, and 10@10 was covering 5 decades at that point. But Cumulus wanted us old folks gone and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojomo View Post
    Seems like a shift to alternative is inevitable for KFOG. Playlist seems incredibly tight for a Triple-A station.
    I think their playlist has already shifted to a more alternative playlist.... Take a look at their playlist between 3:20 and 4:40 today!

Ahead of Myself
    X Ambassadors
    4:36 PM
    The Distance
    Cake
    4:33 PM
    Little Talks
    Of Monsters and Men
    4:29 PM
    Four out of Five
    Arctic Monkeys
    4:25 PM
    Ironic
    Alanis Morissette
    4:21 PM
    Up All Night
    Beck
    4:18 PM
    Can't Stop
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    4:14 PM
    Dreams
    The Cranberries
    4:09 PM
    You Worry Me
    Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
    4:05 PM
    Madness
    Muse
    4:01 PM
    Come As You Are
    Nirvana
    3:57 PM
    Two High
    Moon Taxi
    3:50 PM
    Stressed Out
    twenty one pilots
    3:47 PM
    The Kids Aren't Alright
    The Offspring
    3:44 PM
    Live in the Moment
    Portugal. The Man
    3:41 PM
    Viva La Vida
    Coldplay
    3:31 PM
    Can't Deny Me
    Pearl Jam
    3:29 PM
    Enjoy the Silence
    Depeche Mode
    3:25 PM
    Lonely Boy
    The Black Keys
    3:21 PM
    Saturday Sun
    Vance Joy
    3:18 PM
    Wrong Way
    Sublime
    3:15
    Last edited by EricSF; Yesterday at 09:54 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word

[QUOTE=EricSF;6206922]I think their playlist has already shifted to a more alternative playlist.... Take a look at their playlist between 3:20 and 4:40 today!

They played Offspring's Self-Esteem last night, I've never heard a AAA play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Bias View Post

They played Offspring's Self-Esteem last night, I've never heard a AAA play that.
    Triple A is typically an older skewing format. Shifting to Alternative or Indie Rock will bring down the demos, and should bring up the ratings.

IF the audience for this music turns on the radio.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123