KFOG - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: KFOG

In keeping with the goal of making KFOG more like KITS, they name a new PD:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...ent-jackson-pd

New PD, new playlist.....

KFOG now brands itself as "Today's KFOG" and has shifted to way more 90s and 2000s alternative hits. They continue to play new music, but way less. No more AAA standards like Petty or the Police. Instead, more 90s/00's artists like Linkin Park, Muse, etc. They are essentially an alternative rock station, there are almost no "pop" songs in their current playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    The signal strength difference between 104.5 and 107.7 in South Bay is truly *that* significant? I'll take your word for it, as I'm not terribly familiar with the region.
    107.7 is on Mt. San Bruno. 104.5 is on Sutro Tower. Mt. San Bruno is closer to (and a clearer shot to) the major population/high-income areas of the penninsula and Silicon Valley. 103.7 even moved *off* Sutro Tower a few years ago, and went to San Bruno. There are good reasons why this is the site for the vast majority of San Francisco FM towers.

Quote Originally Posted by EricSF View Post
    New PD, new playlist.....

KFOG now brands itself as "Today's KFOG" and has shifted to way more 90s and 2000s alternative hits. They continue to play new music, but way less. No more AAA standards like Petty or the Police. Instead, more 90s/00's artists like Linkin Park, Muse, etc. They are essentially an alternative rock station, there are almost no "pop" songs in their current playlist.
    As a 37 year old this excites me greatly, I can't wait till of of these alternative stations drop new music all together.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbutlerisok View Post
    As a 37 year old this excites me greatly, I can't wait till of of these alternative stations drop new music all together.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But, as a 40 year old, I've been tired of some of these songs for over 20 years now. The fact that KFOG has made it a priority to play LESS new music recently does not excite me. I get it, ratings and all, but man, hearing Closer by Nine Inch Nails again and again does not interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Bias View Post
    hearing Closer by Nine Inch Nails again and again does not interest me.
    Shudder. You're right about that, maybe one more time with barnyard noises. The new stuff just sounds of strange to me, guess I'm just getting old.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678