KFOG
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KFOG

KFOG

So, the Woody Show is coming to 104.5/97.7 KFOG.

Did this show actually garner good ratings during its run at Live 105? I remember Live 105 having terrible ratings overall at the time (shocking, right?), but its morning shows at times have outperformed the rest of the station by a decent margin.

I suppose this move by KFOG places the station squarely in direct competition with Alt 105.3.

Can someone explain to me why those two stations - both of which have been ratings laggards and underwhelming billers for several consecutive years - continue to carry their respective formats? The playlist on KFOG is truly awful. A bunch of whiny, Modern AC slop mostly from artists incapable of selling out a big venue, many of whom will be forgotten three or four years from now. Alt 105.3 is barely better.

I think Cumulus should sell 104.5 outright and flip 97.7 to a rebroadcast of 107.7.

I think that move was reasonable, considering that iHeart didn't have a station it could flip to give The Woody Show a clearance, although I thought at first that the show would be returning to Alt 105.3.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWoodyS...092801/photo/1

April 30th is the day that the Woody Show is going to KFOG.

Seems like a shift to alternative is inevitable for KFOG. Playlist seems incredibly tight for a Triple-A station.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojomo View Post
    Seems like a shift to alternative is inevitable for KFOG. Playlist seems incredibly tight for a Triple-A station.
    At least it saves iHeart from blowing up one of their own stations.

Listening to rock radio over the years has given me lots of great comedic memories of its show personalities.
    Listening to Frazier Smith's alternative commentary on the Rose Bowl, Mark & Brian's KLOS show and Alex Bennett at KQAK were one of the best comedy bits in morning radio.

The closest I've ever come to finding another show like this is the Woody Show.
    I'm glad it's coming to KFOG. Although it will be interesting to see how well they do in the ratings in an already crowded morning show field.

Speaking of KFOG, in its hey day, it too had a great morning show with great music. It's too bad that format did not survive into the present day.

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bi...line_id=n35497

The Woody Show is also airing in Salt Lake City, Kansas City and New Orleans Cumulus outlets besides KFOG.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bi...line_id=n35497

The Woody Show is also airing in Salt Lake City, Kansas City and New Orleans Cumulus outlets besides KFOG.
    It's not uncommon to see The Woody Show eventually being picked up by non-iHeart stations.

I will be very surprised if the Woody show is successful in San Francisco. The Bay Area has typically not been kind to syndicated out of the area morning radio shows. Stern did ok, but nothing like in other markets. Really surprised KFOG went this direction, but perhaps from $ view point they can be more profitable than having to pay actual local talent.

Quote Originally Posted by adradio View Post
    The Bay Area has typically not been kind to syndicated out of the area morning radio shows.
    You mean like Morning Edition on KQED?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast