• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The new Kkdj

Let's see. Sue Delaney.. nope. Bryan Jones...nope. Alan Michaels.. nope. All dead. Oh wait, Alan moved. he was just napping, but he says no. Julie Logan, probably not as she is GM at KFSR.
Let's see, Don DeWolf, Don Fisher, Andy Lopez?

Disneyland never really worked right on the first day. Took years to make it what it is today... Just saying, anything that is a "work in progress" can't be that bad. Right???

Disneyland had opening day problems because Walt wanted it open one single year after beginning construction. Many things were not ready, others were not tested.

"The opening-day problems, however, did little to dissuade visitors from flocking to Disneyland. It took only seven weeks for attendance to surpass 1 million visitors, and the theme park soon surpassed the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Park in popularity"

It did not take "years" to make it what it is today. It took days to fix the problems (some caused by a trade union strike). Since then, it has been evolving and refreshing, not "making it right".

From what I am reading, this radio station is not a "work in progress". It is just a station with no consistency.

Remember, Jacobs' and Drake's KHJ had to launch well before the planned data when KRLA started stealing their positioning statements... they assembled one of America's great stations in about 6 hours and shot to #1. A good station is not a "work in progress".

The whole idea of a "work in progress" means someone does not quite know what they want or what they are doing.

Disneyland had opening day problems because Walt wanted it open one single year after beginning construction. Many things were not ready, others were not tested.

"The opening-day problems, however, did little to dissuade visitors from flocking to Disneyland. It took only seven weeks for attendance to surpass 1 million visitors, and the theme park soon surpassed the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Park in popularity"

It did not take "years" to make it what it is today. It took days to fix the problems (some caused by a trade union strike). Since then, it has been evolving and refreshing, not "making it right".

From what I am reading, this radio station is not a "work in progress". It is just a station with no consistency.

Remember, Jacobs' and Drake's KHJ had to launch well before the planned data when KRLA started stealing their positioning statements... they assembled one of America's great stations in about 6 hours and shot to #1. A good station is not a "work in progress".

The whole idea of a "work in progress" means someone does not quite know what they want or what they are doing.

I agree with what you are saying, but.... I know what it takes to launch successfully, having been part of a couple, including with Drake Chennault.

KKDJ v2 or 3 is not a good launch, but there’s nothing else close to it - it’s Dean and there’s a certain amount of forgiveness in this forum. But, let’s also put this into a proper context. We are dealing with a translator off a piece of crap in Firebaugh with virtually no money and no staff, other than Dean and another ex KKDJ, being Parker. Is there more?

Fresno doesn’t have a KCSN - we need something other than recycled geezer rock. This is about as close as it gets for this market and if it doesn’t work, that’s ok. For now, it’s all about music that should be heard but isn’t. As Dean said, there’s more to rock than “Stairway to Highway to Hell”.

They get a pass from me and others for now, while they upload a library, find a few people willing to put in some hours for next to nothing, and get a signal that reaches beyond the Blvd of Broken Dreams (Blackstone).

Bring on the music.

Better Sound quality in true stereo, more direct STL would be great, but yes, songs not played on that repetitive station like the Fox, same 300 songs for so many years,I notice The Fox dropped out of 10th place in the ratings, must be because of KKDJ

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom