• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bill Smith

He has his own private studio business for voiceovers and local music band recording that he can fall back on.

I can't find any mention of it, I know when I was sitting in at WUML one day, Bill was there and mentioned it, I thought it was called Studio 38, but that was a long time ago, and before the big money fiasco in RI under the same name.

He has his own private studio business for voiceovers and local music band recording that he can fall back on.

It was just last week when, as the result of a Google search, I came upon a very interesting podcast from Jordan Rich that featured a lengthy interview with Bill Smith. The podcast was more than a year old, but I did learn that Bill has his own studio and is into not only VOs but music recording as well. His own history made for an interesting story.

I never, ever listen to any sports radio, which was why I wondered if Bill went with Entercom and is doing VOs for WEEI-AM/FM.

But, as someone hinted, he may have been whacked by WRKO's new regime, which, of course, would not be a total surprise.

I always thought Bill did a really nice job doing VOs at WRKO.

Bill did some work for Howie Carr years back and also more recently. In a song poking fun at Marjorie Clapprood and her Sun night cable show:"Her ratings are so low/More people watch the NASA Channel/ Howie Carr show, on RKO!"

And more recently:"It's Howie Carr's Cheap Bastard Deal/You might not think that it's real (oh no it is, and it's a steal!)/ You always get more when you shop at Howie's store..." Etc

Yes...from a 1993 Globe article (1-8-93):

>>Starting this weekend, Harris has a new home at WBOS-FM (92.9), where she'll host Blues on Sunday at 10 p.m. ...(Holly) Harris' latest gig will be hosting a show that has been on WBOS for a year and a half. Up to now it has had rotating hosts, Bill Smith and David O'Leary, both of whom have full-time jobs at the station.She said she probably won't make the show as rock-based and consistently uptempo as the one at WCGY, and will play a variety of tempos. She also wants to take listener requests.

http://natethayer.typepad.com/blog/2011/10/holly-harris-will-spin-her-blues-on-bos.html

Last edited:
Bill was Prod Dir for WRKO/WEEI. He did not move with RKO and is still Prod Dir for WEEI.

Why, thank you for that info, radioface. I'm happy to hear that, although I miss his VOs on WRKO. (IMHO, if it was his choice, he made the right one. I think you know what I'm saying.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom