• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

March 2018 Ratings

umfan

Star Participant
https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb011

WOMC, with another 7.2 rating remains on top. I suspect next month may be even higher with the morning show changes. WNIC also had a strong month and is a close 2nd. WCSX saw an increase, and remains in third while WWJ stayed at a 6.5 rating, but dropped to 4th. In 5th place was WMXD which gained almost a full point.

Despite the Tigers starting, WXYT and is in 9th place. WJR is at 11th. 105.1 was flat. WYCD saw a slight srop while NASH was flat.

106.7 remains a basket case with its new format. I'm curious if Entercom will try anything with 98.7.

I'm curious if Entercom will try anything with 98.7.

I've been listening to 98.7 AMP Radio on the radio.com app to hear their Saturday night mix show since the beginning of the year. I know with Entercom flipping half of the AMP Radio stations after their CBS Radio merger, I wouldn't be surprised if 98.7 AMP Radio eventually flips formats. The question would be what format would 98.7 flip to since iHeart took the Alternative format.

I think they could still do a form of alternative, just do it with some actual interest unlike how iHeart is executing it. Or they could try a 'Jack FM' like format, but one with a harder edge so as not to draw listeners away from WOMC. Perhaps the station is performing as expected.

I think they could still do a form of alternative, just do it with some actual interest unlike how iHeart is executing it. Or they could try a 'Jack FM' like format, but one with a harder edge so as not to draw listeners away from WOMC. Perhaps the station is performing as expected.

Variety hits does seem like a reasonable option, considering that was the previous format on 106.7 before iHeart flipped the station to Alternative. While it may have been an attempt to block Entercom's use of the ALT branding in Detroit, iHeart probably wanted to clear their syndicated Woody Show in that market anyways. There were also those rumors about Entercom flipping 98.7 to AC after WOMC removed 90’s music from their playlist at the beginning of the year, which would give WNIC a competitor for the first time since WMGC flipped to sports in 2013. Another option would be an FM simulcast of WWJ.

While it's highly unlikely, Talk might be worth a try on 98.7. They could simulcast WWJ for overnights and clear the many syndicated programs that don't have a home in Detroit. When this was briefly tried on WXYT in the 2011-2012 timeframe, that station, with its comparatively worse signal started to garner somewhat respectable ratings. As the format isn't demo friendly enough, I doubt it's even in the smallest bit of consideration. Not even sure any format flip is being considered.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom