The Sound 94.1 now in top 10 6+ per March Ratings - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sound 94.1 now in top 10 6+ per March Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    That's why it took so long to get the morning show in place.
    Not exactly. It took so long because the morning show was still under contract until the end of April.

Winter is typically a down time for the country format. Things are about to get busy with the summer tours.

Tim Leary is very popular with the big stars, and I expect they will all want to chat with him when he starts next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    Just sayin' it could be a help. People usually don't find radio stations on their own anymore.
    As I said, once the morning show is in town, you will see a lot more marketing.

The difference between the two stations that debuted on the same day is in The Sound having a plan and a TV campaign, whereas the folks at 98.9 were scrambling to figure out who are Kelsea Ballerini and Jason Aldean.

NOW how many folks still insist Entercom made a mistake with 94.1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    As I said, once the morning show is in town, you will see a lot more marketing.
    How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    How do you know?
    Because "A" stands for knowing "all". They'll be by to prove that in a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    Because "A" stands for knowing "all". They'll be by to prove that in a moment.
    Remind me why it took so long to get the morning show in place. Maybe I missed what you said.

How many of those KSWD listeners are below age 40? Just asking. I'm guessing most of the Sound's listeners are in the 45-55 age bracket, leaning older. Still, 106.9 better watch out...'relaxing favorites at work' seems to be working for now.
    It's also great that KFNY is getting quite a bit of listenership even with a placeholder format.
    757 AM's in the log, 627 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: 96.5 XHITA SON and 98.9 KHWY CA, 6/20/18 (Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH; 2/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    The difference between the two stations that debuted on the same day is in The Sound having a plan and a TV campaign, whereas the folks at 98.9 were scrambling to figure out who are Kelsea Ballerini and Jason Aldean.

NOW how many folks still insist Entercom made a mistake with 94.1?

You forgot to mention that Entercom also had the luxury of knowing for months what they were going to do formatically which helps. Whoever their research co was that found that hole in the market knew what they were doing. I definitely didn't think this was a viable format, and so far it looks like it might be. I say might, because while the 6+ numbers look good for KSWD they ignore some potential long-term issues...namely that 48% of their AQH persons are age 55+. When half of your audience is older than most avail demos, that's a bad thing. They're sitting at #11t Women 25-54 in prime in March behind such female powerhouses as KISW and KIRO-FM. My point here is that 6+ numbers mean nothing (if I say it enough, maybe it will sink in), and it's way too early to judge whether or not the flip was a success or mistake.

On the Hubbard angle, they saw minor growth in March and still have a LOT of wood to chop with KNUC. That said, I don't understand why people on this board think they impulsively jumped into a format-of-the-week situation. Everyone knew that if/when KMPS left country someone was going to fill that hole. iHeart had plans to take a station country but Hubbard flipped the switch before iHeart even had control of KJAQ and KZOK. They rightfully saw that the rock format wasn't working on 98.9 and that country was a good compliment to their group, and they got it done quickly. Of course it's going to take KNUC longer to ramp up because Entercom had a 6-month head start in planning. Point being, it's still too early to judge either of these stations. Give it another year and then we'll know.

Speaking of KNUC. I just saw a commercial for The Bull on TV. KCPQ 13.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeMott View Post
    Speaking of KNUC. I just saw a commercial for The Bull on TV. KCPQ 13.
    In fact, did it look like this?

https://youtu.be/vgZjbvQyCNs

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    In fact, did it look like this?

https://youtu.be/vgZjbvQyCNs
    That's the one

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast