The other side of the River - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The other side of the River

Now 93.5 is playing gospel music as of 5 minutes ago. While it was simulacasting TOSOTR this afternoon, I found the signal on 97.7 was better sounding than on 93.5 in Grayson. It’s back to TOSOTR now. I think another station was bleeding in.
    Last edited by RadioDoogie; 04-20-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acheron1982 View Post
    Per TOSOTR facebook page, they are now simulcasting the HD2 signal on both 97.7 and 93.5. I don't see the point of utilizing the 97.7 signal because 93.5 covers that area plus more.
    They're both on the Chateau Elan tower also used by the 97.1 mothership and WSBB 95.5. The 93.5 has a slight null towards ATL but it's nowhere near as directional as 97.7 is.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDoogie View Post
    Will they put WALR (Kiss 104.1) on another translator? Why did they take it off? That cuts off their northern metro coverage.
    I am trying to be PC. and not offend anybody, but I do think anybody at the Digital White Columns is worried about 104.1’s audience north of 285. I can remember the 97.1 Jamz debacle. Due to the demographic / racial makeup of the various parts of Atlanta, unless the signal “covers” ALL the market one should think about the demos of the 60db.

I would not be surprised if someday 95.3 is not a flavor of Hispanic. If you look at 102.1 and 95.3 coverage maps:

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=WLKQ-FM

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=W228CA-FX

there is a lot of overlap.

I listened to 93.5 on the way home from the Perimeter area and caught the end of the Strippers game. I tuned in around Beaver Ruin, and there was a LOT of dirty air until I got up on Peachtree Ridge (same phenomenon I get with 103.7 Chuck FM). I need to compare it with 97.7 but I don't remember the latter frequency being so dirty.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by jabba17 View Post
    I listened to 93.5 on the way home from the Perimeter area and caught the end of the Strippers game. I tuned in around Beaver Ruin, and there was a LOT of dirty air until I got up on Peachtree Ridge (same phenomenon I get with 103.7 Chuck FM). I need to compare it with 97.7 but I don't remember the latter frequency being so dirty.
    I agree. Looking at the Radio Locator maps, it would appear 97.7 would have horrible coverage. However I receive 97.7 much better in Loganville and Grayson than I do 93.5. Some religious station steps all over 93.5. This religious station on 93.5 was very clear in Lithonia and Conyers today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12