• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The other side of the River

AMRocks

Star Participant
Anyone know what this means?
from Tom Taylor: https://mailchi.mp/tomtaylornow/tom-taylor-now-123805?e=588c8e2cb1

The Atlanta translator that just ended its LMA to re-broadcast iHeart’s urban “96.7 the Beat” WRDG Union City lists a new primary station – one that’s owned by Cox. Short-term problem, though, is that translator owner Immanuel Broadcasting is having its antenna “removed” from its previous location. It asks the FCC for Special Temporary Authority to move Marietta-licensed W222AF/92.3 to a temporary spot. And that paperwork lists Cox-owned classic rock “97.1 the River” Gainesville as its new primary. Immanuel’s owned the translator for over 20 years (April 13 NOW).

Could TOSOTR on the 97.1 HD-2 be on a translator soon?

It’s currently on translator W249CK Duluth which broadcasts 75 watts on 97.7FM from the WSRV tower near Spout Springs Road in Flowery Branch near Chateau Elan (it can be seen clearly in front on the Kroger there at Friendship Road/Spout Springs Road).

Wasn't 92.3 the frequency of the CP of the Cox translator (licensed to Suwanee) on the big cell tower behind the Hampton Inn across Sugarloaf Parkway from Discover Mills? TOSOTR was supposed to move there, but that never happened. That was to have been a 250W omnidirectional translator--a massive upgrade from the current 75W, highly directional translator that TOSOTR is currently on.

I remember trying to listen to WGST on that translator at its current location, and that null to the NE is nasty. It's pretty much impossible to pick up in Gwinnett, or even north Fulton east of Ga. 400.

I'm getting the other side of the river on hd2 and hd 4 with 92.3 jams on hd3

I thought Kiss was on a HD channel of 97.1 to allow it to rebroadcast on that 93.5 translator in gwinnett

The guys running 92.3 spent this money and energy on the power name and if they had common sense they would have known that they are not keeping the name because iheart already is using it on 96.1fm.

The guys running 92.3 spent this money and energy on the power name and if they had common sense they would have known that they are not keeping the name because iheart already is using it on 96.1fm.

Per TOSOTR facebook page, they are now simulcasting the HD2 signal on both 97.7 and 93.5. I don't see the point of utilizing the 97.7 signal because 93.5 covers that area plus more.

I guess Cox didn't see a need to bring a better Kiss to Gwinnett anymore.

Per TOSOTR facebook page, they are now simulcasting the HD2 signal on both 97.7 and 93.5. I don't see the point of utilizing the 97.7 signal because 93.5 covers that area plus more.

Will they put WALR (Kiss 104.1) on another translator? Why did they take it off? That cuts off their northern metro coverage.

Now 93.5 is playing gospel music as of 5 minutes ago. While it was simulacasting TOSOTR this afternoon, I found the signal on 97.7 was better sounding than on 93.5 in Grayson. It’s back to TOSOTR now. I think another station was bleeding in.

Last edited:

They're both on the Chateau Elan tower also used by the 97.1 mothership and WSBB 95.5. The 93.5 has a slight null towards ATL but it's nowhere near as directional as 97.7 is.

Will they put WALR (Kiss 104.1) on another translator? Why did they take it off? That cuts off their northern metro coverage.

I am trying to be PC. and not offend anybody, but I do think anybody at the Digital White Columns is worried about 104.1’s audience north of 285. I can remember the 97.1 Jamz debacle. Due to the demographic / racial makeup of the various parts of Atlanta, unless the signal “covers” ALL the market one should think about the demos of the 60db.

I would not be surprised if someday 95.3 is not a flavor of Hispanic. If you look at 102.1 and 95.3 coverage maps:

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=WLKQ-FM

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=W228CA-FX

there is a lot of overlap.

I listened to 93.5 on the way home from the Perimeter area and caught the end of the Strippers game. I tuned in around Beaver Ruin, and there was a LOT of dirty air until I got up on Peachtree Ridge (same phenomenon I get with 103.7 Chuck FM). I need to compare it with 97.7 but I don't remember the latter frequency being so dirty.

I listened to 93.5 on the way home from the Perimeter area and caught the end of the Strippers game. I tuned in around Beaver Ruin, and there was a LOT of dirty air until I got up on Peachtree Ridge (same phenomenon I get with 103.7 Chuck FM). I need to compare it with 97.7 but I don't remember the latter frequency being so dirty.

I agree. Looking at the Radio Locator maps, it would appear 97.7 would have horrible coverage. However I receive 97.7 much better in Loganville and Grayson than I do 93.5. Some religious station steps all over 93.5. This religious station on 93.5 was very clear in Lithonia and Conyers today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom