• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WODS

WODS? Whats wrong with it?

What is going on with WODS and why is Entercom trying to kill it??

Don't they know how to honestly program a station??

Your quick and dirty comments don't tell us much.

Why does it appear to you that they are trying to kill it?

Is it being run any differently than when CBS ran it?

What is wrong with the way it is being programmed?

Your quick and dirty comments don't tell us much.

Why does it appear to you that they are trying to kill it?

Is it being run any differently than when CBS ran it?

What is wrong with the way it is being programmed?

It's because the ratings have been going down. It was supposed to be in the 3s not 2s.

Did they get rid of the mixshows on the station?

It's because the ratings have been going down. It was supposed to be in the 3s not 2s.

But you said that Entercom"is trying to 'kill it'". From what do you draw this conclusion?

Also, "was supposed to be in the 3's"? It's hard to judge a stations success or failure by 6+/12+ numbers. It's a very female friendly station...and they are making more money with AMP than they were with Oldies.

Did they get rid of the mixshows on the station?

I have heard them still on the air in the last coupe of weeks.

Are you not in the Boston area?

It's hard to judge a stations success or failure by 6+/12+ numbers. It's a very female friendly station...and they are making more money with AMP than they were with Oldies.

I have to agree with the comment above.

the 6+ numbers are useless, and have sometimes been called "Beauty Queen" numbers, good for bragging but nothing else.

Radio, and all media, is about dollars.

Stations program to attract a particular demographic, and the sales department goes out and tells potential advertisers that they can deliver that demographic to them.

WMJX used to program to the soccer mom, mini van driving, get the kids to school on time female.

You would never hear a spot for say jock itch medicine on that station.

Why?t Because the sales folks were going to potential advertisers with all sorts of PPM data that showed that the with some other attributes, a P1 that was female, between X and Y years old, and some other specific targeting attributes and that they could delver Z thousands of impressions per week that would drive soccer mom to their door with dollars to spend.

Do you think WRKO takes the 6+ numbers to advertisers and says "we're number 20" buy from us?

Hell no they are armed with PPM data that says they can deliver old white conservative men.

so,once again, as we have said on this board many times before, 6+ numbers mean nothing to any station

We get to see the 6 plus numbers but the more important demos are for subscribers only.Stations that may seem anemic in the 6 plus could still be doing well.
As usual when ratings come out both papers in town, the Fenway Gazette and the Howie Tribune (ha) will have their articles including the "sports radio wars" followed by passionate comments about whether or not EEI or Sports Hub is the best, or trash.Ditto other stations (I recall one about the country battle).

They can make money even if their 6 plus show vs show, or overall, ratings seem to lag.

Tweet I saw:
Kirk & Callahan Retweeted
Seano
@SEANtana_Moss
·1h
Seven minutes in and I’m laughing out loud @kirkmin @GerryCallahan @MutWEEI I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again @KirkAndCallahan is the best thing in radio and it’s not even close
----------
Of course many readers of the paper owned by the guy who's paying video game enthusiast David Price $217M
may not agree
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...ce-signs-with-red-sox-for-7-years-217-million

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom