Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones Is Facing Two Lawsuits From Sandy Hook Families

Alex Jones Is Facing Two Lawsuits From Sandy Hook Families

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/b...andy-hook.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...awsuit-w519239

Damn Alex Jones has more Scandals than even Fox News and Sinclair Combined given how things are going.

On multiple occasions, Jones has claimed that the Sandy Hook attack did not actually happen, calling the massacre – which claimed the lives of 20 first-graders and six teachers – a "giant hoax" and insisting that it was staged by professional actors. A representative for InfoWars, Jones' media company, did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

"Our clients have been tormented for five years by Mr. Jones' ghoulish accusations that they are actors who faked their children's deaths as part of a fraud on the American people," Mark Bankston, an attorney for the plaintiffs, told The Hollywood Reporter. "Enough is enough."

Both lawsuits focus on statements that Jones made relatively recently, including a 2017 segment on his radio show entitled "Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed." The New York Times reports that the lawsuits allege, "[Jones'] statements were a continuation and elaboration of a years-long campaign to falsely attack the honesty of the Sandy Hook parents, casting them as participants in a ghastly conspiracy and cover-up."

In addition, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the suits allege that Jones' statements "encouraged others to make death threats against the victims' families." A woman from Florida was sentenced to prison in 2017 for making death threats to one of the plaintiffs.

I hope they manage to bankrupt Jones and put him out of business, but then there will probably be somebody crazy enough to keep sponsoring him. YouTube should have banned him years ago.

Alex's already cracking, as you seen his recent breakdown on live internet TV where he cried over Trump "Betraying" him over Friday's missile strike on Syria after the recent chemical attack on their own citizens during the Syrian Civil War.

i think Alex's sanity (or what's left of it) is already going away.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-he-ncna867976

Here is an op-ed on the Sandy Hook lawsuits.

I agree that Alex Jones needs to be forced to admit his lies and be forced into bankruptcy to the point that he is put out of business. But the fact is that he will still have a platform to spread even more lies as long as he has outlets that will allow him on. Networks like GCN and dollar a holler stations that don't care what he does as long as he pays for the airtime is paid for will continue to allow him to be on unless they're put in danger of being sued as well. I hope that You Tube will eventually ban him permanently, but even if they do, there are other sites with conspiracy freaks that are just as bad as he is. They just don't get the coverage he does. And if Jones is finally forced out the media will probably find another Alex Jones type character to push.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    I agree that Alex Jones needs to be forced to admit his lies and be forced into bankruptcy to the point that he is put out of business. But the fact is that he will still have a platform to spread even more lies as long as he has outlets that will allow him on. Networks like GCN and dollar a holler stations that don't care what he does as long as he pays for the airtime is paid for will continue to allow him to be on unless they're put in danger of being sued as well. I hope that You Tube will eventually ban him permanently, but even if they do, there are other sites with conspiracy freaks that are just as bad as he is. They just don't get the coverage he does. And if Jones is finally forced out the media will probably find another Alex Jones type character to push.
    Most of the people who are suing Alex Jones never ever heard of GCN unless there's a boycott on GCN directly nothing will happen. The Problem here is that you have to boycott the companies that have contracts to make "Male Vitality" for Alex Jones directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC94Yo_NCUI

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-matters-video. Update on Alex Jones and YouTube.

First of all let me state; I am not a supporter of Alex Jones, but merely have an opinion about what could be considered in my view, unpopular speech.

As we all know, the Constitution protects freedom of speech, even if technically untrue or unpopular. By attempting to censor Mr. Jones, the end result is empowerment of the wackos that buy into his totally made up conspiracy theories. Shutting down, or bankrupting Mr. Jones will not make the wacko's go away. They'll just find someone else to follow.

All that said.. What Alex has put the grieving families of Sandy Hook through is unconscionable. Those families should, and have, the right to sue Mr. Jones for essentially inciting his nut-ball followers for inflicting emotional harm to those poor people. If anything, I would hope that through the legal process, Alex Jones is disgraced and publicly humiliated in front of those same followers.

You guys should've seen him in a YouTube video in a uhh....."Protest" at a Whole Foods (Undoubtedly staged in amazon's backyard in Seattle, WA). THE ONLY thing he did RIGHT was call Whole Foods "WHOLE PAYCHECK" (Can't argue with that)

In any case, he looked like A FOOL

On a more serious note, we're talking about someone who can't even land on TERRESTRIAL RADIO as CORPORATE DRIVEN as it is (He has to RELY on the Internet & SHORTWAVE RADIO to get his message across). Given this, he really shouldn't be considered to be THAT much of a threat to the future of Talk Radio (Or TV for that matter)

JMO though.....
    Pat Cook, KB0OXD (Ham Radio Callsign)

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    Most of the people who are suing Alex Jones never ever heard of GCN unless there's a boycott on GCN directly nothing will happen. The Problem here is that you have to boycott the companies that have contracts to make "Male Vitality" for Alex Jones directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC94Yo_NCUI
    The big problem is that GCN has other conspiracy freaks like Jones who are probably just as bad. They make their money by giving people like him an outlet and feeding to the dollar a holler stations that carry him. I'll admit the people who are suing probably only know about him being on You Tube, but GCN and the stations who carry them are who a lot of people who buy into their lies hear them, and should be held accountable as well. I also believe You Tube should be held accountable if they aren't going to do anything to stop Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by JeeperOne View Post
    You guys should've seen him in a YouTube video in a uhh....."Protest" at a Whole Foods (Undoubtedly staged in amazon's backyard in Seattle, WA). THE ONLY thing he did RIGHT was call Whole Foods "WHOLE PAYCHECK" (Can't argue with that)

In any case, he looked like A FOOL

On a more serious note, we're talking about someone who can't even land on TERRESTRIAL RADIO as CORPORATE DRIVEN as it is (He has to RELY on the Internet & SHORTWAVE RADIO to get his message across). Given this, he really shouldn't be considered to be THAT much of a threat to the future of Talk Radio (Or TV for that matter)

JMO though.....

Unfortunately he IS on terrestrial radio, like I said earlier on GCN and dollar a holler stations who don't care what he does as long as his airtime is paid for. Granted they get very few listeners except for people who actually buy into Jones's lies. But they won't do anything to stop him unless they get to be in danger of being sued by someone who tries to hold them accountable, which I hope someone will do.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast