Someone Donated $10 Million To KEXP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone Donated $10 Million To KEXP

Someone Donated $10 Million To KEXP

https://www.seattletimes.com/enterta...-station-kexp/

Wow. What do they offer as a premium for that level?
    I do not have ducks.
    I do not have a row.
    I have squirrels and they're at a rave.

How about declining the $2,000,000 it gets every year from the University of Washington and give it back to us taxpayers? Better yet, direct it to help fix the homeless problem?

Nah, who are we kidding? It'll go to line the pockets of those who plead KEXP's poverty in the form of more donations.

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    Better yet, direct it to help fix the homeless problem?
    Amen to that! Hey wait, wasn't the tax revenue from legalized pot sales supposed to go toward that, or fixing dilapidated bridges and infrastructure? Who knows where all that money is going! Radio-Radio.

How about declining the $2,000,000 it gets every year from the University of Washington and give it back to us taxpayers?
    What makes you think the University would give it back to the taxpayers?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    What makes you think the University would give it back to the taxpayers?
    Giving it back to the taxpayers doesn't mean having some giant check photo-op. Besides, strictly by the numbers, it's 27 cents per Washington state resident.

It would be better served by putting that money into scholarships for deserving, underprivileged and non-athletic kids in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    Amen to that! Hey wait, wasn't the tax revenue from legalized pot sales supposed to go toward that, or fixing dilapidated bridges and infrastructure? Who knows where all that money is going! Radio-Radio.
    Bridges and infrastructure, such as the I-5 repaving and retrofitting this summer, are federal funds. Tolling, gas taxes and license tab renewals should be going to infrastructure.

I don't care about marijuana, but I would hope the money is going to social programs or at least the State's general fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    KKMO.

Well, not ALL of it. That I-502 money goes to Medicaid and community health centers such as Sea-Mar, which services low income folks. And Sea-Mar owns KKMO. With a chunk set aside in the "Rainy Day" fund.
    I do not have ducks.
    I do not have a row.
    I have squirrels and they're at a rave.

It would be better served by putting that money into scholarships for deserving, underprivileged and non-athletic kids in the state.
    You probably have more information on this, but KEXP says most of the university support is "in kind contribution," which isn't actual money. Perhaps interns, volunteer time, tower space, and things like that.

I'll take the 27 cents
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com

Quote Originally Posted by bossbill View Post
    I'll take the 27 cents
    Oh come on Bill. You're worth at least 30 cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast