In the Middle of The Damned Night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: In the Middle of The Damned Night

  1. #1
    DrAkbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buckeye Media Hut
    Posts
    4,102

    In the Middle of The Damned Night

    One of the best practitioners of Theater Of The Mind is gone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0EZxg0fnU

    A tip of the fez for scaring the heck out of us...while entertaining us at the same time!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

    Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAkbar View Post
    One of the best practitioners of Theater Of The Mind is gone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0EZxg0fnU

    A tip of the fez for scaring the heck out of us...while entertaining us at the same time!
    Fun to listen to, provided you realized it was all 100% BS.

    He jumped the shark after he married a jailbait Filipina.
    Forget it Johnny.......................its Polynesiatown

  3. #3
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    36,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend City View Post
    Fun to listen to, provided you realized it was all 100% BS.

    He jumped the shark after he married a jailbait Filipina.
    Let's keep this respectful.

    Art Bell's fourth wife was 22 when the couple married. Hardly "jailbait". Her nationality should not be an issue.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 04-17-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post


    Let's keep this respectful.

    Art Bell's fourth wife was 22 when the couple married. Hardly "jailbait". Her nationality should not be an issue.
    It does help explain why only airing literally 3/4th of Art Bell's baby (except for only part of the year) doesn't bother too many people.

  5. #5
    DrAkbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buckeye Media Hut
    Posts
    4,102
    Not exactly sure how this fell off the tracks, but our intention was to honor a great broadcaster who made listening overnight very special.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

    Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

  6. #6
    Airyn's an intelligent and educated young woman (not that it should necessarily matter) and a fantastic mom. Art had a rough year and he gave her credit for pulling him through a few times when he wasn't sure he'd make it ( even while pregnant and then with a new baby). She is grieving and so is her daughter. But I really don't think Legend meant to be disrespectful, just repeating what was being said at the time. The Wacki family will never forget those fun camping trips listening to Art Bell and the Ghost Hunter Society and The Philadelphia Experiment Stories and Area 51. Goofy stuff lots of it but it was like the 90s version of Seymour (for L.A. peeps). I'm sorry Art Bell lost his battle
    Last edited by pattiwacki; 04-17-2018 at 09:49 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAkbar View Post
    Not exactly sure how this fell off the tracks, but our intention was to honor a great broadcaster who made listening overnight very special.
    Thank you, much appreciated.

  8. #8
    It was a fun show to listen to, and Art was great at creating a mood. Always wondered how much of the stuff he believed, and how much was just for show.
    Forget it Johnny.......................its Polynesiatown

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend City View Post
    It was a fun show to listen to, and Art was great at creating a mood. Always wondered how much of the stuff he believed, and how much was just for show.
    We always thought he sounded pretty gullible.

  10. #10
    DrAkbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buckeye Media Hut
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend City View Post
    It was a fun show to listen to, and Art was great at creating a mood. Always wondered how much of the stuff he believed, and how much was just for show.
    Mostly for show...that's what endured audiences to C2C. Art showed great interest in what his guests had to say, even though he may have thought it was a big pile of crapola. A real master at theater of the mind.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

    Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us