• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Copyright Statement During Rangers Coverage

Robert Bass

Star Participant
I'm really not sure this is the right forum for this question, so please forgive me...

We're all familiar with the copyright statement used during Rangers games on FSSW that ends, "...without the express written consent of the Texas Rangers." Why does it end with the team's name as opposed to, "...consent of Major League Baseball"? If you need consent from the Rangers, don't you also need iit from the opposing team?

I realize this is trivial, but I've always wondered.

Thanks,

R

I'm really not sure this is the right forum for this question, so please forgive me...

We're all familiar with the copyright statement used during Rangers games on FSSW that ends, "...without the express written consent of the Texas Rangers." Why does it end with the team's name as opposed to, "...consent of Major League Baseball"? If you need consent from the Rangers, don't you also need iit from the opposing team?

Thanks,

R

My guess is because (in this case) the Rangers are providing the play-by-play, so they own the broadcast rights (likewise, the opposing team's play-by-play broadcast on their station own those rights).

Thanks,

R

Because the individual teams own the local radio and TV broadcast/cable (but not online) rights. Sometimes the teams employ the announcers, and others work for the contracted flagship station. In the latter case, the announcers may work for the station, but the team still has the right to approve.

Thanks guys!

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom