KLTR 94.1's Construction Permit Status - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KLTR 94.1's Construction Permit Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTTY View Post
    KLTR 94.1 is, in fact under construction I am told. In fact, I am also aware K231CN, even now in its current broadcast state, can be heard with clarity at the KLTR 94.1 current transmitter site, when KLTR is momentarily turned off!! It operates non-directional (when it is licensed highly directional) and causes much interference to KLTR and also KQXY 94.1 in Beaumont. The Commission has a complaint before it.
    Overpowered and non directional? Anyone near South Houston? How does KBIH-LP fare vs K231CN? KBIH should be solid starting at the 610 loop all the way to El Dorado Blvd.

Speaking of Brenham station upgrades: Wonder if any progress is being made on the CP for the KWHI 1280 power increase? New daytime site between Brooshire and Hempstead running a directional 3.8kw that should provide a decent signal over NW Houston metro while preserving coverage of Brenham itself. Nights will be unchanged from the current site, running 72 watts.

I can hear KWHI as far south as Port Lavaca (albeit faintly) during daytime operations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12