• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tdy active, wouldn't hurt

Gunsmoke

Banned
What if TDY flipped to Active Rock, harder Alternative than WRFF and harder Rock/Metal then WMMR without the chatter, it wouldn't hurt its sister stations, format wise and will certainly bring in the lucrative male demo. Could not do any worst than the format of the month they been trying. The last time a station had this format was the old part time Active WYSP circa 1996.

I would say a more loyal audience that won't change channels...

There is no such thing as a loyal audience except with certain Christian based formats.

The average PPM meter panelist uses an average of 6 different stations every week.

There are many reasons, ranging from liking a particular morning show, sporting events, news, etc., that go beyond music.

Low cume high TSL stations don't do well in the PPM. Active Rock is an example of that kind of format.

What if TDY flipped to Active Rock, harder Alternative than WRFF and harder Rock/Metal then WMMR without the chatter...

Not gonna happen. Not enough of a market share to make 2 work. And active rock, with some exceptions to the rule, is a 'dead' format within top 20. And demographics say other wise.

The only thing I could see taking over 96.5 if entercom were to flip it would be KYW-FM. I would personally LOVE 1060 on 96.5, but I am sure it'll never happen unless TDY starts completely tanking. So far, it's cruising long with moderate ratings. 96.5 is gonna stay Today's 96.5 for a few more years if not longer, I bet.

Taking on WMMR with niche music would be a suicide mission. And going harder than WRFF- well, it’s been discussed many times why NOBODY is going to give them competition.

Taking on WMMR with niche music would be a suicide mission. And going harder than WRFF- well, it’s been discussed many times why NOBODY is going to give them competition.

Exactly. The $$ isn't there at all.

How hard did WYSP's ratings drop when Howard Stern signed off for the day?

Got an HD radio? Flip to WRFF-HD2. Your hard rock needs will be filled. It's not going to happen on the main FM dial in Philly with WMMR toeing the line, and with WRFF also in the "Rock" arena, and billing poorly.

AND finally, let's not forget WIP, the male-demo cash cow. Would putting on an Active Rocker hurt their own sister station?

96.5 is gonna stay Today's 96.5 for a few more years if not longer, I bet.

WTDY flipped from AC "Today's" to a Hot AC/CHRish mix as "96.5 TDY" about a month ago. With so little promotion, I'm not surprised that so few have noticed! The tweak and re-imaging bought them a bit of time... so don't expect any sudden flip of 96.5 for a year+ unless Entercom wants to beat someone else to a format

WIP HD3 (WYSP), isn't bad for Hair Metal, Hard Rock and Alternative manned by Howard Eskin, in fact much better than when they were on the main signal. There only flaw is they are a bit too repitious at times. This might work on some main signal if more currents were added.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom