99X Ordered Off the Air - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 99X Ordered Off the Air

Quote Originally Posted by PettyCrimes View Post
    If 99X gets back on the air, Atlanta have 3 Alternative stations, with each skewing differently: 99X - newer alternative, Alt 105.7 - 90s to current harder alternative, and The Other side of the River 97.7 with mostly classic alternative. I can’t help but think that if TOSOTR got a decently strong metro signal it would outperform the other 2 the way 97.1 The River rules Atlanta rock radio with classic rock hits.
    I agree. I love listening to TOSOTR. I think because of its limited signal, most of metro Atlanta hasnít really gotten a chance to hear it. They would love to have this format playing on a much bigger signal, if they knew it existed. It plays nearly all of the 99X era music.

Quote Originally Posted by secondchoice View Post

If you count the WBIE days Kicks 101 could be one of the oldest continuous type of music stations in the market.
    WBIE/WKHX is indeed the longest running format on the dial--country since 1968 (50 years).

The oldest callsign on the commercial FM side is, of course, WSB-FM (1948). Second place is WZGC (1972).

The oldest moniker is V-103 (1977). It used to be 96 Rock (1974).
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Cumulus is keeping it alive just to keep some else from using the channel.
    That theory makes no sense.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345