• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is It Hot Where You Are?

DrAkbar

Star Participant
What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a goin' on here? The discussion activity of this board has tanked just like the value of a used Gremlin! Tuesday was the Valley's first 100 degree day, and no one cared. Nurse Jeff was trying to sell iced menudo in the Media Hut parking lot, but there were no buyers. After almost 18 years of writing this crap, does it all end this way? We're prepared to pack up and head back to Milpitas if nothing happens real soon. Now, you wouldn't want that...or would you?

What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a goin' on here? The discussion activity of this board has tanked just like the value of a used Gremlin! Tuesday was the Valley's first 100 degree day, and no one cared. Nurse Jeff was trying to sell iced menudo in the Media Hut parking lot, but there were no buyers. After almost 18 years of writing this crap, does it all end this way? We're prepared to pack up and head back to Milpitas if nothing happens real soon. Now, you wouldn't want that...or would you?

I still care Doc! I miss the days when everyone would be posting about the happenings of everyone’s favorite day timer with the Lamptimer, the Lumberyard 1440. Now that thread has died and is wasting away at the bottom of this board. Remember when KTAR used to have the first 100 degree day contest? That’s long gone along with the Ed Phillips KTAR Arizona Almanac. The only questions we have now is, how long until KOOL plays music from this millennium? It’s probably a lot sooner than we think...

The sooner, the better! Let me help you pack!

I still care Doc! I miss the days when everyone would be posting about the happenings of everyone’s favorite day timer with the Lamptimer, the Lumberyard 1440. Now that thread has died and is wasting away at the bottom of this board. Remember when KTAR used to have the first 100 degree day contest? That’s long gone along with the Ed Phillips KTAR Arizona Almanac. The only questions we have now is, how long until KOOL plays music from this millennium? It’s probably a lot sooner than we think...

KTVK has a first 103 degree day contest going right now.

We're prepared to pack up and head back to Milpitas if nothing happens real soon. Now, you wouldn't want that...or would you?

Milpitas? In the fashionable East Bay? I thought Gremlin had a "Welcome to Chowchilla" bumper sticker on it??? That does explain the iced menudo.

Milpitas? In the fashionable East Bay? I thought Gremlin had a "Welcome to Chowchilla" bumper sticker on it??? That does explain the iced menudo.

Although the way old Dr. Donald D Rose used to rip on Milpitas, I'd compare it to being the Buckeye of the East Bay.

Yes indeedy, ASU Jorge. Count on Entercom to make us Old Farts feel even older and fartier!

The sooner, the better! Let me help you pack!

If we decide to evacuate, it'll be on a 120+ degree day this summer. Your help loading the U-Haul is greatly appreciated!

KTVK has a first 103 degree day contest going right now.

Good thing Channel 45 doesn't do news and weather!

We use bumper stickers to hold the bumper on the Gremlin. Chowchilla is in the Old Gringo's domain, so we don't trespass. Nothing explains menudo.

Although the way old Dr. Donald D Rose used to rip on Milpitas, I'd compare it to being the Buckeye of the East Bay.

Dr Don Rose, Kay.. Eff.. R.. Sea. Now that guy knew how to work fake studio sound effects (clap, clap, clap).

Here in NW PA, where we had 8 feet of snow fall in late December, early January, we may FINALLY hits the 60s and 70's today and tomorrow.

After today's (April 12) events, maybe we should change the name of this thread to
"Is It Windy Where You Are?"

After today's (April 12) events, maybe we should change the name of this thread to
"Is It Windy Where You Are?"

Yeah, here in the Coachella Valley, the temps went down to the mid-80's but the winds were in the 50's.

And the neighbor found a rattler in their pool. Dead, of course.

Maybe Harold Camping was just off on his date...

Yeah, here in the Coachella Valley, the temps went down to the mid-80's but the winds were in the 50's.

And the neighbor found a rattler in their pool. Dead, of course.

Maybe Harold Camping was just off on his date...

Some other crackpot is predicting the end on 4/23/18. Aint Los Buckeye Boyz. Maybe we should start another thread: "What's Dead In Your Pool?"

Some other crackpot is predicting the end on 4/23/18. Aint Los Buckeye Boyz. Maybe we should start another thread: "What's Dead In Your Pool?"

I think you could do a movie spin-off. Keywords: "dead" and "pool".

Oh, I think that was done already. And Deadjacuzzi just does not have the same ring to it.

I’d watch a movie called Deadjacuzzi. A smart-aleck superhero who cooks his enemies with hot water and makes lots of inappropriate jokes about where the hot tub jets are pointed? That smells like hit!

I’d watch a movie called Deadjacuzzi. A smart-aleck superhero who cooks his enemies with hot water and makes lots of inappropriate jokes about where the hot tub jets are pointed? That smells like hit!

Did you intend to place an "a" or "s" before "hit"? Stay Classy, Jimmy!

Roof rats in Tukee:(

Hang on to them. We're planning a BBQ at the end of the semester and need some extra mystery meat to grill.

More delicious even than West Texas armadillo road kill. Even the "crunch" is tantalizing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom