• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What happened to 93-9 MIA?

icycool7227

Star Participant
I haven't been able to listen online to this station in awhile and it seems they tweaked their rhythmic AC format to regular AC. When did they do this and does anyone know why? My 3rd fav. station is no more. It is a bummer. What are other stations out there with the same format that I can listen to online?

I haven't been able to listen online to this station in awhile and it seems they tweaked their rhythmic AC format to regular AC. When did they do this and does anyone know why? My 3rd fav. station is no more. It is a bummer. What are other stations out there with the same format that I can listen to online?

They're still mostly rhythmic (keep in mind that when looking at their playlog, it also includes songs that are played on stream and app-only breaks, and can be misleading). As to when, last month. Why they tweaked was because of ratings (2.0 12+), and also to just slightly refresh it to avoid burnout. As to the closest thing out there, WVES out of Virginia is your answer. 1015themix.com.

Last edited:
iHeart seems to constantly tweak that station. It started out rhythm, then went closer to AC/CHR, then back to AC and then back to rhythm. (I think that was the order, I could be wrong.) Jeez. Pick something and stick with it for a bit. And damnit, promote it!

WMIA has one issue. WHYI. If it cuts into the numbers, time to change direction.

WMIA has one issue. WHYI. If it cuts into the numbers, time to change direction.

The strategy seems to be similar to that of New York City with KTU and Z-100; a conventional CHR and a rhythmic, slightly more adult hybrid.

I notice they're pitch-shifting songs so they play with a faster rhythm. Is that to give the station sort of a club vibe? Not too crazy about it.

They've done that since at least the relaunch of MIA, and that's been a couple years ago now.

Interesting. I didn't really notice until I started adding stations to an open memory bank on my car stereo over the weekend. Never listened much up to that point

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom