• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Would a syndicated dj mix/club show be a good idea?

Most big Top-40/Hip-Hop stations have a night club/mix show that goes on Fridays and Saturdays. Would a syndicated one work out any good? I was thinking about starting one that is free for any station small, big or on the internet to use. I don't have any previews or anything yet but i will soon.

Seems there are many syndicated dj/mix club radio shows available. How do you plan to make money? Check out a search engine. Here's just one

http://superadio.com/about-superadio/

In many markets, the money from dj and club mix shows sometimes comes from sponsorships by clubs themslelves, often including phone-ins or live broadcasts from clubs. Otherwise, there is not much money spent on radio at night, particularly locally.

It's hard for a station to justify paying for a show that will not generate revenue in a hard to sell daypart. Only a barter-based show would work if the syndicator could find clients interested in late night radio.

If your show is really good, maybe you could get Westwood to do the distribution for you.

If your show is really good, maybe you could get Westwood to do the distribution for you.

How am i going to get people that say stuff like "Your in the mix with DJ <name> !" or promos that say "Tune in to the all new DJ <name> on Fridays at <time> on <station name>" ?

How am i going to get people that say stuff like "Your in the mix with DJ <name> !" or promos that say "Tune in to the all new DJ <name> on Fridays at <time> on <station name>" ?
You would have to pay one, they don't share the same passion you have

Well... There's already The Remix Top 30 w/Hollywood Hamilton. Then there's pseudo-mix shows like, Most Requested Live w/Romeo, Club Kane, and the 32 year long running, Open House Party.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom