• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Format Predictions

1069_KIFR

Star Participant
Normally at the beginning of a new year, or sometime after, someone will post Predictions of Format changes.

When Live 105 adjusted its format to Alt 105.3, that is when speculations start up as to who will flipped next.
But its been quiet on that front. I personally do not have any predictions, but I think there are some out there
just waiting to be to posted.

Following the departures of Mia Amor and Hoodrat Miguel and the addition of former KMEL morning host Chuy Gomez at Q102.1, there are rumors that the station could soon flip to Urban.

Based on an Instagram post from The Woody Show, there are rumors that the show could be returning to the market for the first time in almost a decade. It would be interesting to see if Alt 105.3 manages to pick up the show, considering that iHeartMedia doesn't have a place in their San Francisco cluster to clear the show.

Surprisingly, no word yet on who will end up acquiring Entercom's divestitures that Bonneville's currently programming, although I still think that Cumulus could end up with some of those stations once they emerge from bankruptcy.

Well seeing Q102 going to Urban, Would listensers leave KMEL for KRBQ? It could happen

Look what happened to 98.1 Kiss-FM iHeart got nervous & changed to compete with Q102, But at the sametime, P**sed off there long time listeners

Does Entercom own "Live"? Could be "Live 103.7" with Woody in the AM.

Entercom goes after IHM with Urban/Rhythmic and IHM responds back with Alternative against KITS.

"Alt" is certainly more format specific. I assume "Live" was chosen back in the 80s because it rhymed with "five."

Does Entercom own "Live"? Could be "Live 103.7" with Woody in the AM.

Entercom goes after IHM with Urban/Rhythmic and IHM responds back with Alternative against KITS.

iHeartMedia does have an "Alt" format on Wild 94.9's HD3 channel, which could be another potential destination for The Woody Show.

One gets the feeling that if iHeart blows up one of their Bay Area stations, the likely candidate could be 103.7. The others are safe in terms of ratings and audience.

One gets the feeling that if iHeart blows up one of their Bay Area stations, the likely candidate could be 103.7. The others are safe in terms of ratings and audience.

Although 103.7 does look like a candidate for a flip, I don’t think that station’s flipping anytime soon.

Guess no one saw that coming. It would take a miracle to lure Woody’s fan base in the Bay Area to a AAA with a 1.5 Nielsen Audio rating, but this move could help them.

Guess no one saw that coming. It would take a miracle to lure Woody’s fan base in the Bay Area to a AAA with a 1.5 Nielsen Audio rating, but this move could help them.

I thought that move made sense as well. I didn’t think that iHeartMedia would’ve flipped 103.7 to give The Woody Show a San Francisco clearance.

The “Live” branding is also being used in Phoenix, albeit as a Top 40/CHR-formatted station.

I remember when Live 105 launched in the Bay Area. The "Live" branding works better on a Top 40/CHR station better IMHO.

The "Live" branding was getting tired in the Bay Area.

I remember when Live 105 launched in the Bay Area. The "Live" branding works better on a Top 40/CHR station better IMHO.

The "Live" branding was getting tired in the Bay Area.

These "brands" are just like any other branding. They get tired, they go away, then they are fresh again. Over the years, the Bay Area has had 2 formats named "Star," "The Wave," and so forth. 'Kiss-FM is gone for now, but may return again some day.

I don't really think iHeart is going to do anything to KMEL, They been on top since the 90's

Besides,Hip Hop Stations in the Bay Came & Left, And still KMEL came out on top

Every couple of years, this "Format Predictions" thread comes up, but I note that this time, nobody has made any Polka jokes, so I'll go for it. My prediction - iHeart Polka @ 103.7.

There.

I don't really think iHeart is going to do anything to KMEL, They been on top since the 90's

Besides,Hip Hop Stations in the Bay Came & Left, And still KMEL came out on top

I wouldn't think so either. I still think that Entercom could eventually shift Q102.1 to Urban, which would give KMEL a direct competitor.

Maybe iHeart should move the 1980's format to 94-9 and then move the CHR format to 103-7! Does 103-7 KISS-FM ring a bell?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom