• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRBQ getting “Q”-ed up!

Looks like Mia Amor and Hoodrat Miguel are out (both left April 2, 2018), Chuy Gomez is coming in for mornings, and the mixers are staying. Something must be happening at Q102.1.

Looks like Mia Amor and Hoodrat Miguel are out (both left April 2, 2018), Chuy Gomez is coming in for mornings, and the mixers are staying. Something must be happening at Q102.1.

Their playlist has been really stale the last few months, with mostly the same few 90s titles. Before, they had a larger playlist, with more 80s and 00s titles and also cycled songs in and out. Wouldn't surprise me if changes are in store.

Their playlist has been really stale the last few months, with mostly the same few 90s titles. Before, they had a larger playlist, with more 80s and 00s titles and also cycled songs in and out. Wouldn't surprise me if changes are in store.

Looks like Q102.1 could be shifting to Mainstream Urban to compete against KMEL.

The Throwback format is the one that makes the most sense for Chuy as he has been on in the market since the early 90's. So many have grown with him and remember him playing those records when they were new. With that said as we are seeing all over the nation the Throwback Hip Hop format is starting to show erosion as many have flipped within the past year. They are cool when they sign on then lose viability when people over hearing the same records after a couple years. There is a hole in the Bay Area for a true Rhythm as KMEL is essentially an Urban, and KVVF shifted to a more Pop/Latin direction. If I am KVVF I'm calling Mia and Miguel to localize that station for San Jose, with Chuy leaving the money is there.

The Throwback format is the one that makes the most sense for Chuy as he has been on in the market since the early 90's. So many have grown with him and remember him playing those records when they were new. With that said as we are seeing all over the nation the Throwback Hip Hop format is starting to show erosion as many have flipped within the past year. They are cool when they sign on then lose viability when people over hearing the same records after a couple years. There is a hole in the Bay Area for a true Rhythm as KMEL is essentially an Urban, and KVVF shifted to a more Pop/Latin direction. If I am KVVF I'm calling Mia and Miguel to localize that station for San Jose, with Chuy leaving the money is there.

While the current Classic hip-hop format may be a good fit for Chuy Gomez, there seems to be predictions about Q102.1 going directly after Chuy Gomez’s former station.

While the current Classic hip-hop format may be a good fit for Chuy Gomez, there seems to be predictions about Q102.1 going directly after Chuy Gomez’s former station.

Doesn't look like they are going current. First Chuy and now the announcement of Victor Zaragoza to PM Drive, to perfect names for the Throwback format. If it were going to go current they were in a better position to do so with the jocks that were just let go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom