• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCCM 1570 simulcasting 1110/98.9

I had the wildest dream. In the dream I was at a friend's house and he had New England Cable News on. Their weekend afternoon infomercial block came on and the first infomercial was an infomercial for the radio station - well at least a fictionalized version of it.

In said dream the logo came on the screen. It showed a big cartoon looking sun. Next to the Sun it said 1570-AM WMVX - Boston's Oldies Station. Underneath that were the words :

"Boston's Commercial-Free Oldies Station Featuring the hits of the 50s, 60s, and 70s" 22 Hours a Day."
"Tune into the 1570-AM WMVX News at 4PM Weekdays at 4PM."
"Tune into Woman Talk Radio on 1570-AM WMVX. Weekdays at 5PM. All-woman related talk. Call-in 978-WMVX-1570."

In the background they were playing clips of music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Pretty wild dream, right?

Their website is now up, listing three DJ's for weekdays under "Shows".

The afternoon and night DJ's look like they're from national satellite syndication (Westwood One?) but the morning DJ listed is "Cruisin'" Bruce Palmer, formerly full-time at then oldies (now classic hits) "B101" WWBB Providence, part-time at WODS Boston for a time as "Oldies 103.3", and also currently mornings on classic rock 100.1 WWFX, Worcester "The Pike". I haven't listened yet to hear how he's doing the two stations at once.

There used to be a female-oriented talk station in the Champlain Valley--"Eve 1070, Talk Radio Evolved"

A post I did here 8 yrs ago:
>>Eve 1070 gets down to business (Burl/Platt.)
http://wtwk1070.com/
Not sure when it happened but WTWK 1070 Plattsburgh NY evolved from talk for women
("talk radio evolved eve 1070") to Bloomburg business news/talk.

There used to be a female-oriented talk station in the Champlain Valley--"Eve 1070, Talk Radio Evolved"

A post I did here 8 yrs ago:
>>Eve 1070 gets down to business (Burl/Platt.)
http://wtwk1070.com/
Not sure when it happened but WTWK 1070 Plattsburgh NY evolved from talk for women
("talk radio evolved eve 1070") to Bloomburg business news/talk.

We had Talk Radio for Women in Hartford via 990 WXCT Southington. Programming included The Radio Rita's, Sally Jessy, Frankie Boyer, Dr. Laura, Rollye James. etc. Plus a couple brokered hosts who were women. It eventually evolved to TalkRadio 990. Then the station was LMA'd to Radio Cantico Nuevo (Spanish Religion) then that moved to weekends only and during the week they went Spanish CHR as a simulcast of their sister station POWER 1270 out of Springfield, they switched to a simulcasting sister station La Nueva Popular 1490 out of Springfield. 1490 and 990 flipped to Oldies in July 2015. They were sold in November 2015 and evolved to Classic Hits.

The afternoon and night DJ's look like they're from national satellite syndication (Westwood One?) but the morning DJ listed is "Cruisin'" Bruce Palmer, formerly full-time at then oldies (now classic hits) "B101" WWBB Providence, part-time at WODS Boston for a time as "Oldies 103.3", and also currently mornings on classic rock 100.1 WWFX, Worcester "The Pike". I haven't listened yet to hear how he's doing the two stations at once.

Anyone notice the tag line at the lower left of their web page?

"Dedicated to Excellence in Broadcasting".

Well, then, where is Rush Limbaugh? :cool:

Some audio clips of Rush on KQV Pittsburgh in the 70s are on youtube."You people are wondering what award it was that I received and I'll tell you.It was the Marconi award for excellence in broadcasting."

He doesn't play classic hits/oldies.

Eli,

C'mon - surely you know that the name of Rush's network of stations is known as "The EIB Network", where EIB stands for Excellence In Broadcasting.

My point was I was surprised the website of this upstart of a station embraced this tagline.

Eli,

C'mon - surely you know that the name of Rush's network of stations is known as "The EIB Network", where EIB stands for Excellence In Broadcasting.

My point was I was surprised the website of this upstart of a station embraced this tagline.

Can't say I pay much attention to Rush, but I thought he's syndicated by iHeart's Premiere Networks. Is EIB just what he informally calls the the stations that air him? If it's not copyrighted, Costa-Eagle can use it.

Probably voice-tracking for Bruce Palmer. Here in Connecticut Michael Maze is on Soft Rock 106.5 in the New London Market 10AM-3PM and in the Hartford Market 10AM-3PM on sister station Radio 104.1 WMRQ. (104.1's website says he's still on 7-Midnight). He's also on Eagle Country 97.5 in the Burlington/Plattsburgh Market 10AM-2PM. Then he's Voice-tracked sister station on Kool Radio (Hartford, Springfield, and Westerly) 3PM-7PM. (Eagle Country 97.5 is sort of a cousin station to all those other stations. While not co-owned, John Fuller president of Full Power Radio aka Red Wolf Broadcasting is a partner in the ownership of Eagle Country). He voice-tracks other stations too. WCBS-FM used to be another one.

What happened to the Tune-in feed of BIG 105.3? I had it saved on TUNE-IN, but now it comes up as the stream of GALAXIA BOSTON, the former format of 1570. I searched WUBG on TUNE-IN and GLAXIA came up. A search for BIG 105.3 doesn't turn up anything. I still can get BIG 105.3's stream on BIG1053.COM which is http://live.mystreamplayer.com/wubg

Update: I contacted Big 105.3 on Facebook and they responded that their feed on Tune-in was hacked and they are currently working with Tune-In to get their stream restored on the app.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom