• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

As the Earth Turns.

He lives in a really nice part of Phoenix, I know, but....

Tempe, not Phoenix. Not sure if I would do that in Phoenix. Lots of young adults in Tempe and they don't mind. Had a couple REAL interesting conversations with a few who bounced the question back at me.

Tempe, not Phoenix.

Remember, to radio folks everything in the Metro, from Buckeye to Carefree to Chandler is "Phoenix" because that's what the Phoenix radio market is made up of. Radio signals are really bad at distinguishing between different towns, villages and cities.

I'm a 6 ft 3 inch 250 lb black man. I guess this explains why no one has ever asked me what I was listening to in 14 years. :) (I lived in Chandler when I first started.)

Perhaps they just assume its either rap or jazz.

I can also understand the intimidation factor but I have found most people are curious to know why they are being asked. And once they find out you are not going to bash them for their choice they volunteer all sorts of opinions. That, and Tempe is defined by ASU so there are lots of the younger folks of all diversity walking around. They are usually easy to talk to (once they get past that old creep wanting to know about their radio preferences).

I have found the guys are a bit more relaxed than the girls. Perhaps the girls think I am trying to pick them up (fat chance at 73 years old!).

In your opinion. I find it much better than, I believe, any other period in time.

For someone in your age group and demo, I find that comment to be interesting and an "outlier" to the norm. But if it suits you.....awesome. Welcome to the club Mr. Eduardo. Some of us were so-called outliers at one time too I recall.

As you were......"in your opinion".

Remember, to radio folks everything in the Metro, from Buckeye to Carefree to Chandler is "Phoenix" because that's what the Phoenix radio market is made up of. Radio signals are really bad at distinguishing between different towns, villages and cities.

Michael was referring to my residence, not radio coverage and believe me when I tell you there is a tremendous difference between Tempe (and most of the East Valley) and sections of Phoenix.

Michael was referring to my residence, not radio coverage and believe me when I tell you there is a tremendous difference between Tempe (and most of the East Valley) and sections of Phoenix.

As an almost-ASU-Graduate (I got head-hunted to manage some stations in my final semester) and former Scottsdale resident and radio employee in Glendale, as well as a much more recent programmer / researcher for a couple of PHX metro FMs, I am more than familiar with the Phoenix metro, Tempe and even Buckeye.

My point is that radio does not refer to geopolitical references like city limits; it refers to metros. Taken in context, Tempe is part of Phoenix.

Perhaps they just assume its either rap or jazz.

I can also understand the intimidation factor but I have found most people are curious to know why they are being asked. And once they find out you are not going to bash them for their choice they volunteer all sorts of opinions. That, and Tempe is defined by ASU so there are lots of the younger folks of all diversity walking around. They are usually easy to talk to (once they get past that old creep wanting to know about their radio preferences).

I have found the guys are a bit more relaxed than the girls. Perhaps the girls think I am trying to pick them up (fat chance at 73 years old!).

:rolleyes:

(To Oldies76)
KRTH should play those, they're both 80's hits, why not?

Why not? Probably because the songs don't pass the station's music tests.

In your opinion. I find it much better than, I believe, any other period in time.

David - I have to agree. (assuming you are saying you like the current hit music scene.) The production quality is amazing. I generally am only around the Classic Rock/Hits format, but am jumping back into the CHR and have to say, this is indeed a great summer to be in the music. Two of my children are in their mid-to-late 20's and cannot believe that their old man knows more about today's hits. I hear a lot of the energy of 1985/1986.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom