As the Earth Turns. - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: As the Earth Turns.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Remember, to radio folks everything in the Metro, from Buckeye to Carefree to Chandler is "Phoenix" because that's what the Phoenix radio market is made up of. Radio signals are really bad at distinguishing between different towns, villages and cities.
    Michael was referring to my residence, not radio coverage and believe me when I tell you there is a tremendous difference between Tempe (and most of the East Valley) and sections of Phoenix.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    Michael was referring to my residence, not radio coverage and believe me when I tell you there is a tremendous difference between Tempe (and most of the East Valley) and sections of Phoenix.
    As an almost-ASU-Graduate (I got head-hunted to manage some stations in my final semester) and former Scottsdale resident and radio employee in Glendale, as well as a much more recent programmer / researcher for a couple of PHX metro FMs, I am more than familiar with the Phoenix metro, Tempe and even Buckeye.

My point is that radio does not refer to geopolitical references like city limits; it refers to metros. Taken in context, Tempe is part of Phoenix.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post

Perhaps they just assume its either rap or jazz.

I can also understand the intimidation factor but I have found most people are curious to know why they are being asked. And once they find out you are not going to bash them for their choice they volunteer all sorts of opinions. That, and Tempe is defined by ASU so there are lots of the younger folks of all diversity walking around. They are usually easy to talk to (once they get past that old creep wanting to know about their radio preferences).

I have found the guys are a bit more relaxed than the girls. Perhaps the girls think I am trying to pick them up (fat chance at 73 years old!).

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526