• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTMP translator

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about ☹️

You said something about "58 meters" and I responded that meter placement is highly variable and changes in a good percentage every month. So trying to cover meter-holders is a futile project.

You said something about "58 meters" and I responded that meter placement is highly variable and changes in a good percentage every month. So trying to cover meter-holders is a futile project.

I believe the poster was referring to "meters" as in height and not PPM encoding based on my post that was being responded to... therein lies the confusion... no one was referencing Nielsen encoding or its associated methodology...

I believe the poster was referring to "meters" as in height and not PPM encoding based on my post that was being responded to... therein lies the confusion... no one was referencing Nielsen encoding or its associated methodology...
He knows...he knows.
DE has earned the privilege to play around with relative newbies,
and compared to him, that is everyone else on RD.com.
DE is developing an interesting sense of humor in his old age.

He knows...he knows.

I/we are well aware of his expertise and experience in the industry over the decades... if that was an attempt to be funny, it was completely lost on me and anyone else that viewed the post. 2020 strangeness strikes again...

if that was an attempt to be funny, it was completely lost on me and anyone else that viewed the post.
2020 strangeness strikes again...
Not "anyone else", but we agree with your second thought :)

He knows...he knows.

You give me too much credit.

I am not used to people in the US expressing measurements in meters. It usually just confuses people. They think of parking meters or electric meters or the gas meter.

So I saw meters, and as a radio person, thought of People Meters.

I wonder how many People Meters you have to stack to get a pile that is 58 meters high. That is sort of like, "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck..." But I never met a woodchuck named Chuck.

I wonder how many People Meters you have to stack to get a pile that is 58 meters high. That is sort of like, "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck..." But I never met a woodchuck named Chuck.

You'll have to come to Ohio around Groundhog's Day and I'll introduce you to Buckeye Chuck, Ohio's answer to Punxsutawney Phil. Usually gives people the finger and predicts six more weeks of sleeping if they put him back in his hole.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom