• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98/9 TJSD

More FM is still on air, but every half hour appear an commercial about the call for local bands in a musical instrument store in National City (since Yesterday)

I’m thinking it’s less of a flip and more of a gradual shift while possibly retaining the More FM branding. Time will tell.

Something had to fall through at the 11th hour. I've never seen this before.

Halloran replied to someone on Twitter, "be not confused. still more, it's just more MORE now."

Last edited:
Looks like it is still moving ahead (maybe just that the station name may or may not be changing?) based on this piece from an event in Tijuana yesterday .

The article stresses how they are going to play local bands from both sides of the border but just at night and after 9 PM.

The TJ / SD market area is not a particularly important hotbed of new rock groups, so they are likely going to feature a cut or two an hour (if that much).

Anecdotally, from my experience with a Spanish language rock station in Buenos Aires where we had a Sunday period that featured new stuff by new bands, this sort of "songs you've never heard by groups you've never heard of" may enhance a station's image, but it seriously dings the audience numbers. (And when we were doing that show, the station overall was #1 in a market of 17 million where perhaps 75% of all Spanish language rock in the world originated).

But, in its many, many years of flirting with rock, More-FM has never had much audience to loose, so it can't hurt them much. Zero less zero is still zero.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom