What happened to the good late night dj's that mixed on fri. and sat. nights? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the good late night dj's that mixed on fri. and sat. nights?

I miss those days. Sitting by the radio just before 10pm on a Saturday night, waiting for the live club broadcast to start so I can press record and play on the tape deck. I have so many tapes from those days here in Houston and still listen to them (all digital now) in the car when I want to. They just don’t do it like that anymore. What I loved about it was you would be exposed to something that wasn’t being played in regular airplay. It was great and that’s what it was about for me and that’s also what the club experience was about. Now if there is any mixing on the air it’s all the same stuff played in regular rotation just remixed to death. Where’s the fun in that?.
    Last edited by rageradio; 10-04-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: expanding on my thought

I agree.
    R.I.P. 100.3 Jamz/Dallas and 106 Jamz/Chicago.... Only the good die young.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Fake Jerry View Post
    Unless it's a pirate, 88.9 in Dallas is KETR out of Commerce. I live north of Dallas and reception is spotty at best, but you might get it better.
    Whatever it is... https://www.facebook.com/LiquidRadio/

Quote Originally Posted by rageradio View Post
    I miss those days. Sitting by the radio just before 10pm on a Saturday night, waiting for the live club broadcast to start so I can press record and play on the tape deck. I have so many tapes from those days here in Houston and still listen to them (all digital now) in the car when I want to. They just don’t do it like that anymore. What I loved about it was you would be exposed to something that wasn’t being played in regular airplay. It was great and that’s what it was about for me and that’s also what the club experience was about. Now if there is any mixing on the air it’s all the same stuff played in regular rotation just remixed to death. Where’s the fun in that?.
    Same with me. The memories of listening to the radio on Saturday nights, flipping between Kiss, Edge, Beat, KDL/Casa, and later La Kalle. It was either me listening while playing on my Gamecube or PS2 while at home, or getting off work at Steak N' Shake near Valley View Mall and driving down LBJ. After 2010, I started to ditch radio and began using an mp3 player and downloaded mixshows ranging from dance, techno, house, drum and bass, dubstep, EDM, and latin dance. These days with my smartphone, I can also stream Beatport and Soundcloud. I'd prefer this over radio mixshows since no commercials, DJs, and the same music mixing as if it were regular rotation as you mentioned.

Call me crazy but I like listening to mixshows on Friday and Saturday nights, and on occasions, holidays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12