Is La Mejor Still on? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is La Mejor Still on?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post
    It actually made sense to me. What part of it was BS?
    As I said, "We're Americans, not Regional-Hyphenated Americans." What a concept.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatVoice22 View Post
    As I said, "We're Americans, not Regional-Hyphenated Americans." What a concept.
    Various groups that have come to the United States have been including a reference to their heritage for well over a century. Italo-Americans used the term in the last part of the 19th Century, for example. You are trying to find fault in something that is often a source of pride and which has been used "forever".

Next you are going to tell Texans not to refer to themselves that way!
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    Various groups that have come to the United States have been including a reference to their heritage for well over a century. Italo-Americans used the term in the last part of the 19th Century, for example. You are trying to find fault in something that is often a source of pride and which has been used "forever". Next you are going to tell Texans not to refer to themselves that way!
    David, I do understand and appreciate your insightful observations on the radio marketplace and audience analysis. Of course, radio broadcasters need to know which listener segments are growing and which are shrinking. This entails the slicing and dicing of races, ages, sexes, and all kinds of subsets. The same is true of political parties. That’s Demographics 101.

Where I part company is when the discussion goes off the rails to make claims involving the condemnation of certain opinions. Human opinions are neither right nor wrong; they may be dopey, misguided, way-off-base, or otherwise lacking factual substance, but by definition, an opinion is a viewpoint - and viewpoints cannot be condemned simply by disagreement - except that’s what happens in today’s ultra-sensitive environment. “Racial” discussions do not imply “Racism” but that's where you and others end up too many times. It would be helpful for everyone to avoid seeing racism when the statement is simply racial in tone. And now, back to our subject, "Is La Mejor Still On" . . .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234