• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What the heck is wrong with iHeart?

wadio

Star Participant
Yes, I know, they're bankrupt.

But no wonder! They manage to screw up everything.

First, they changed their station's underlying stream URLs so that they are unreliable.

Now, if you're willing to wait the requisite 30-seconds for their "Listen Live" links to load all the 3rd party junk and spyware, you're good for a couple of minutes before the stream stops. You could hit refresh and wait another 30 seconds to listen to another 2 minutes, but why? That's not what they might call "a good listening experience."

This happens with WOR, KFI, WRKO and I assume others I haven't tried.

what device are you using to listen to these stations on the IHR app

i have the same issues too with the Roku version of the app where it does this when you turn it on or listen to it.

Turn on:
opens app, then prompts a screen that tells you to "Try IHR All Access" for 30 days, with the option to select between the All Access and free versions of the app.

listening to stream:
after you select the stream, you have to put up with a 30 second ad, sometimes depending on your connection, it will stop and buffer and resume, making a 30 second ad run longer.

and also the quits randomly forcing you to go leave and restart the app and do it all over again.

that's what happens when i turn on the IHR app everyday to listen to The Russ Martin show on 97.1 The Eagle (KEGL) in Dallas.

Will, I'm using a desktop computer with Firefox browser. No problems with any non-iHeart stations. Generally the iHeart streams will restart after a browser refresh. Then all the junk reloads and the stream starts, but stops after a minute or two. I'm not seeing any pre-roll video ads however. This problem started within the past few days, although the iHeart streams have always seemed less stable than others. Now I can't listen to them at all.

Will, I'm using a desktop computer with Firefox browser.

Try a different browser. If your version of Firefox isn't fully up to date, missing certain plugins, it might not work right. Are you using adblock? That may also cause a problem.

If you have access to the Windows App Store, launch it, search for the iHeartRadio app, and install it. I've had better luck streaming the stations through their app than through a browser.

Try a different browser. If your version of Firefox isn't fully up to date, missing certain plugins, it might not work right. Are you using adblock? That may also cause a problem.

Good idea. But today the stream is working OK with FF so maybe it was a temporary thing. Thanks.

I spoke too soon. It seemed OK earlier this morning but not now. The time-out varies, however, sometimes the stream stops almost immediately, sometimes not for ten minutes or more.

I think if the browser was the issue the audio wouldn't play at all. An adblocker wouldn't let all the crap load so the stream likely wouldn't start in the first place. Just a guess.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom