• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

February Radio Ratings

Does ME-TV-FM stream?
I'm out of the market so can't tune in to 87.7 and can't seem to find a Listen Now option on http://metv.fm.

Does ME-TV-FM stream?

Smart not to stream. I'm sure they play a lot of pre-1972 music, which sets them up for lawsuits similar to the ones aimed at Pandora and SiriusXM. Not to mention the additional expense of label & artist royalties. Streaming is all expense, no profit, especially for oldies.

Does ME-TV-FM stream?
I'm out of the market so can't tune in to 87.7 and can't seem to find a Listen Now option on http://metv.fm.

They do not, and I believe it is very doubtful they ever will. But if you look at their website http://www.metvfm.com , you can generally get an idea of what songs they have played, as you can see the last 5 songs that they have played, sometimes they might play a song they don't list, but if there is a song that you like to see them play more of, or less of you can let the know by clicking either play more or play less.

Companies don't typically make format decisions this way. iHeart needs a Chicago clear for its country format. Thus, a second country station.

What makes you think they "need" one? They lacked a Country station in Chicago for many, many years - even as 95.5 was performing poor to mediocre in the revenue department with other formats. iHeart has no Country station in DFW, Houston, Seattle, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc.

Lite-FM and 103.5 Kiss already do an effective job of reaching caucasian female listeners.

What makes you think they "need" one? They lacked a Country station in Chicago for many, many years - even as 95.5 was performing poor to mediocre in the revenue department with other formats. iHeart has no Country station in DFW, Houston, Seattle, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc.

There is a clear priority being given to launching country stations and promoting their syndicated morning host Bobby Bones, as well as promoting their annual iHeart Country Festival and iHeart Country Awards, both hosted by Bones. They tend to launch those stations where they have underperforming stations in other formats, as was the case in Chicago, where WNUA was tanking, so they didn't have much to lose by replacing it with country. The move actually worked for a while, because they caused WUSN to fire their morning show and PD. However, US99's new team is kicking their butts. I still don't expect iHeart to give up on country because a low-rated country station will do more for them than either another classic rock station with aging boomers, or another AC station to steal listeners from co-owned WLIT.

With regards to the other markets you list, there are already two country stations in all of them except Philly. Adding a third is probably not a good idea. However if they could get another FM in Houston, it might go country. There were rumors that iHeart was planning to flip a station in Seattle, but were beaten by Hubbard.

The talk is that iHeart will unload stations in smaller markets, but I could see them shed weight (lowest ratings in the cluster) in larger markets, possibly WEBG. I personally think they should be banished from the business, along with Cumulus!

Maybe the hype of the New 104.3 WBMX is wearing off since their numbers have declined. Most complaints are of the repetition of the playlist. I truly believe their success will be short lived.

my friend and I are both hoping so too! We both miss oldies 104.3 WJMK!!! But Really, I miss WNUA as well. I personally never understood why there are duplicates at all. With all the musical possibilities out there.....Well, I mean, I do know. It's the money and advertisers. But I've read articles several years after the demise of WNUA, regarding Nielson's rating systems not functioning properly when it came to the quiet songs often played.....anyway. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did as country. When it flipped to Country it was already two slightly different Spanish formats. Going back to WJMK, I knew JACK FM (we called it JUNK FM) wouldn't last either. For me, since those two stations have been gone, I hardly listen to any others. They all play the same stuff. Now you can even hear spanish songs on B96 and kissFM. Guess time will tell. I think more changes are coming.

I do have an HD radio at home and in the car and I do like some of the HD2 channels.....

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom