• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101.5 FM houston

Was listening to a station on 101.5 here in Houston in the Northside. Playing music only, music with no words and no commercials either. I could catch the 101.5 translator from 1400 AM at spots fighting with this 101.5.

What was the genre of music? KLJJ-LP's tower is near I-45 and Research Forest in Shenandoah, the signal usually gets out pretty good up until around 45 and the Beltway.

On my evening commute near downtown I was hearing some light instrumentals, along with one Blues/Rock tune from Gregg Allman, on 101.5. No announcements. Was mostly overriding the KHCB translator. Good quality audio. Was able to hear it while getting on to 290 but it was overtaken by KOER around the Pinemont overpass.

Perhaps KHSX is testing its transmitter separate from its webstream? Don’t see what else this could be. FCC database doesn’t have anything unexpected.

Continued to hear the music throughout last week on 101.5, but still no announcements. The KHSX website doesn’t have any references to 101.5, but the signal is still consistent with what I would expect from them, given the licensed transmitter location.

I doubt this is a pirate, as the audio quality is too good; also pirates tend to have their perpetrators yammering on the air.

Anyone can set up a pirate with good quality audio.

KHSX filed a license to cover today. I assume that LPFM is them, but I'm not sure why they're not rebroadcasting their Internet stream on the LPFM. Maybe they broke up with the website creator and the website creator hasn't taken the site down.

From LPFMDatabase Facebook page:
.. KHSX-LP, 101.5 in Houston TX is on the air with variety .. The station's CP originally expired in February, but because of the damage from Hurricane Harvey last year, they were able to get a little extra time to finish building the station .. The station seems to have a couple of websites going at the same time .. The one I have linked on my website, which I think is the more recent one, is: http://www.power1015fm.org .. They also have a stream, which is only available on their OTHER website: http://www.khsx-radio.com ..

Looks like the testing phase is over for KHSX. They are now playing a different mix of music, and I heard a liner for “Power 101.5 KHSX-LP Houston.” Was a sort of old school urban during the limited time I could hear the station while driving near downtown.

The website at power1015fm.com appears to be the real one; rather doubt the other site in the previous post is actually related to the LPFM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom