• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Big groups shopping some markets?

There are a few similar sub-companies, such as Mediabase, which is part of Premiere. Not sure how profitable it is, or if it's likely to be spun off.

And there is the whole Media Monitors aspect tied in to RCS, so they are intertwined.

If someone was in need of some big cash, wouldn't it be more prudent to sell one of their under-performing stations in a big market? If they sell to someone like EMF, they never have to worry about having a competitor again and get a nice chunk of money.

I can't think of anyone in particular, but I'm sure iHeart and Cumulus have a few in the major markets they could sell.

If someone was in need of some big cash, wouldn't it be more prudent to sell one of their under-performing stations in a big market? If they sell to someone like EMF, they never have to worry about having a competitor again and get a nice chunk of money.

I can't think of anyone in particular, but I'm sure iHeart and Cumulus have a few in the major markets they could sell.

Those major markets work best with larger clusters. Nobody will sell a station out of a cluster.

And given the pricing on the recent EMF purchases in LA and Chicago, selling a couple of larger market FMs is going to do nothing against billion dollar debts.

Neither Cumulus nor iHeart could liquidate for anywhere near the value as they have with an ongoing concern. In many cases, selling will cost more in lost cash flow than in reduced interest payments.

And the true dogs, even if sold, will not produce an appreciable reduction in debt; many that are AMs provide support for Premiere, and as long as Premier places its shows in most of the bigger markets, it can be profitable beyond the losses of the local stations that carry them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom