• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What is this new HD 2 on 94.5 KZMJ?

97chris

Regular Participant
Hey i'm new here and live in the texoma area.

I just noticed a new HD 2 on KZMJ. I thought maybe they were going to put sister station KBFB on it to give better coverage of the station down here like they did putting KZMJ on HD 2 of KBFB for better coverage of KZMJ in Dallas, but i have been hearing on and off programming on the HD 2 channel and for the past few hours its had silence. Earlier i heard what sounded like Vietnamese music off and on, but now its silence. Any ideas on what this HD 2 will be used for?

I heard it for a while at lunch. (I lose the HD lock on KZMJ here in Northwest Dallas). I heard the same music 97chris described. So far, I haven't heard any announcers. It's *NOT* the same programming that's on KBFB-HD3.

I heard it for a while at lunch. (I lose the HD lock on KZMJ here in Northwest Dallas). I heard the same music 97chris described. So far, I haven't heard any announcers. It's *NOT* the same programming that's on KBFB-HD3.

I have no idea whats going on but i just heard a Windows Error sound on the HD 2 channel. It sounds like whatever is trying to be broadcast could be something from the internet.

EDIT/UPDATE: I hear silence for a few minutes followed by a windows error sound on reapeat right now. The Vietnamese music is off and on and i have heard this play more silence than Vietnamese music.

Last edited:
I have no idea whats going on but i just heard a Windows Error sound on the HD 2 channel. It sounds like whatever is trying to be broadcast could be something from the internet.

EDIT/UPDATE: I hear silence for a few minutes followed by a windows error sound on reapeat right now. The Vietnamese music is off and on and i have heard this play more silence than Vietnamese music.

Maybe it's just testing or stunting on HD-3 'til regular programming begins.

Maybe it's just testing or stunting on HD-3 'til regular programming begins.

I think it would be smart to put KBFB on KZMJ HD 2 because i don't get very great signal on it here, and Texoma lacks any Hip-Hop/Rap stations.

I think it would be smart to put KBFB on KZMJ HD 2 because i don't get very great signal on it here, and Texoma lacks any Hip-Hop/Rap stations.

They have Hot 103-9 out of Wichita Falls and 97-9 Jamz out of Lawton. But near the beginning of January 97-9 was off the air for some reason.

And someone needs better Internet.

But neither is audible in Sherman-Denison, and they’re marginal, at best, in Gainesville, where KZMJ is licensed.

They have Hot 103-9 out of Wichita Falls and 97-9 Jamz out of Lawton. But near the beginning of January 97-9 was off the air for some reason.

And someone needs better Internet.

Sorry for the late reply. We don't have very many local stations in the Sherman/Denison area and most of the DFW stations are rimshots/weak here. We don't have any Hip-Hop stations down here (except for the 2 DFW ones at weak reception).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom