• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

After Imus...

Mancow will be losing his WLUP gig, so he might be looking to syndicate again. If he does, he could be a fill in. Bob & Tom might get some pick ups in markets needing to replace Imus that don't already have him. Dave and Chuck might try selling to some of these stations. In any case, a lot of stations will have to reprogram their mornings as a result of Imus retiring. While that is obvious, the interesting part will be seeing what emerges to fill the gap.

Imus was/is syndicated to third tier AM stations. I went through all the stations affiliated with Imus in Arizona, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee, Virginia, and Texas. Not a single station in those seven states is apparently a subscriber to the Nielsens for their particular markets, and only one affiliate was a full-power FM station (WCUZ 100.1, a rimshot to Traverse City, MI).

I don't see how a syndicator could create a new show to make money off of the markets/stations Imus had.

Imus was/is syndicated to third tier AM stations. I went through all the stations affiliated with Imus in Arizona, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee, Virginia, and Texas. Not a single station in those seven states is apparently a subscriber to the Nielsens for their particular markets, and only one affiliate was a full-power FM station (WCUZ 100.1, a rimshot to Traverse City, MI).

I don't see how a syndicator could create a new show to make money off of the markets/stations Imus had.

Those stations will be looking to add something though. They may just have to pick from what's already available.

They may just have to pick from what's already available.

Yes, that's what I was trying to get at with the last sentence. Should have come out and just said it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom