• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's the word on Bill Handel?

For the past week and a half there has been a major shift of hosting duties on KFI. They have hinted that "he has had some back problems" and nothing more. Of course, the moving of Gary and Shannon to Handel's spot is significant. Mo Kelly has taken over the hosting duties from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I'm slightly surprised that he got into the time segment as he is a relative rookie and, frankly, not that good.

"Enquiring" minds want to know!

I don’t mind Mo Kelly. However Gary and Shannon are pretty much unlistenable for morning drive. They are so bad I have found myself switching over to Doug McIntyre for a bit

I think Mo Kelly is one of the better host on KFI. There might be a bombshell KFI announcement in coming days! Remember you heard it here first (juicy details withheld to comply with radio discussion protocol).

There might be a bombshell KFI announcement in coming days! Remember you heard it here first (juicy details withheld to comply with radio discussion protocol).

I am pretty sure you can give some clue as to the personalities or issues involved without running afoul of any protocols around here. You get no Nostradamus points just for saying "something might happen".

Tim Conway jr replayed an interview Handel did with Gary and Shannon this morning. Apparently Handel had a cyst on his spine that cause him immense pain. The cyst then led to a severe infection which required heavy duty antibiotics. He was also under heavy pain medication. Handel expects to be back Monday morning.

Nope

I think Mo Kelly is one of the better host on KFI. There might be a bombshell KFI announcement in coming days! Remember you heard it here first (juicy details withheld to comply with radio discussion protocol).

WRONGO BONGO.

No bombshell announcement.

Just Bill returning and schedule back to normal.

Listened to part of Bill Handel's show this morning. He really made a good go at it, but he still was very tired.

What got me is that his voice has somehow changed....higher in pitch than usual.... Second hour he seemed to get back into the stride of things.

There might be a bombshell KFI announcement in coming days! Remember you heard it here first (juicy details withheld to comply with radio discussion protocol).

I've been predicting a BIG recession since 2011. And one of these years, I'll be proven right.

Next prediction: Handel will retire ... sometime soon (between 2018 and 2038)

Listened to part of Bill Handel's show this morning. He really made a good go at it, but he still was very tired.

What got me is that his voice has somehow changed....higher in pitch than usual.... Second hour he seemed to get back into the stride of things.

He sounded HORRIBLE the first day (voice; his content was good). Been gradually getting better. Not sure the difference.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom