• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Unusual commercials on KJR

While listening to KJR on the Richard Sherman fallout, I noticed two commercials I'd never heard before on Seattle radio
--Scientology. When have they started targeting Seattle and what stations?
--The Billboard Latin Music Conference. Not just the awards, but the whole conference. It seems like sports talk radio's a poor way to get the target audience. Was this an accident?

While listening to KJR on the Richard Sherman fallout, I noticed two commercials I'd never heard before on Seattle radio
--The Billboard Latin Music Conference. Not just the awards, but the whole conference. It seems like sports talk radio's a poor way to get the target audience. Was this an accident?

Likely PSA's (public service announcements that are used when ad revenue doesn't fill the stopsets.). Chruch's get them, not sure about "Latin Music Conference". If anything you are hearing filler material, not paid advertising.

Scientology buys advertising through its in-house agency. Mostly they buy TV, but radio is also on their media usage list. I think they do programatic buying, which allows them to get cheap spots using unsold inventory.

The Billboard conference is a for-profit venture. I have no idea why you would hear an ad on KJR, unless they had made an indiscriminate buy of available time on iHeart stations, maybe in exchange for the iHeart awards promotion or similar.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom